Post Prolapse

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my Bladder Proapse 15 weeks ago there was no follow up but all was well untill 3 weeks ago when I had pain and heavy bleeding I went to my Gp who was useless said she didn't know what was causing it and to call the Hospital myself which I did to be told my Consultant was on holiday untill 27th October (Tomorrow) and only if I haemorhage to go to A n E !! I am so frustrated and still losing blood though not as heavy. I will phone Hospital again tomorrow. I am sure its an age thing as both my GP (all of 35 years old) and the person I spoke to from the Hospital all remarked on my age (73) as if its no more than I should expect at that age. I am slim and fit and often mistaken for a lot younger so I resent this.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Polly, so frustrating when we are treated like idiots isn't it! My gynae told me to watch out for UTI at the 2-3 week mark. She said symptoms would not necessarily be the usual ones to expect. Maybe this is what you've got? Don't they have someone at the doctors rooms you can speak to? Hope you can get this sorted, must be very concerning. 
  • Posted

Hi Polly, I'd say you need to be seen by someone straight away. The response from both your GP and the hospital has been disgusting. Bleeding like this after 15 weeks post op certainly has to be of concern and needs investigating. I'd ring the hospital again tomorrow (27th Oct) and demand to seen, if not by your own consultant, then by someone in his team.  Don't take No for an answer, as this must be dreadfully worrying. Please let us know how you get on. LadyPink 
    • Posted

Hi Ladies Sorry I havent replied before my computer has been playing up. Thank-you all for your concerns LadyPink Carolannfud and Carole. I am still in same position unfortunatley.

• Posted

Hello Polly, Were you able to speak to anyone or see anyone else, on Monday. Are you still bleeding - if so, how bad? 

LadyPink

• Posted

Hi again Computer packed up on me again. Well I phoned Consultants Secretary who told me I had been discharged so had to get GP to refer me again I called Dr. who said she had already sent a letter saying i had to be seen urgently I then called Hospital who said they had'nt received it so GP then faxed it to them. I called Hospital again yesterday and today and was told they would "Look in to it" up to now no one has called I ca'nt believe they won't do anything for me. I am now going to write an Email to the complaints Manager of the Hospital I am at my wits end. Yes Ladypink it is so worrying I feel I'm banging my head against a brick wall. Carollanfud I had a UTI infection after my Op but that has all cleared up now. Easier said than done Carole i never had a 6 week checkup and its impossible to see my Consultant or anyone else as you can see from my letter.  I thank you all for your support though and its good to be able to let off steam to someone. Will let you know how things progress. Polly
    • Posted

Hi Polly, I have to admit I had bleeding intermittently at about 10 weeks post op. Prior to that all had seemed ok. I saw my consultant who discovered my stitches had not dissolved which had caused inflammation and in places the tissue had 'granulated'. I had to have these treated with silver nitrate which burned/cauterised the areas. They also later, scanned inside the uterus to make sure there was nothing else. All was well and everything healed quickly. So I hope they get to see you as soon as possible. Which hospital do you go to. I went to Frimley Park hospital in Surrey. LadyPink
    • Posted

At last LadyPink I have been able to answer you I dont know what goes wrong but sometimes I just cant send an answer on this site dont know why. My Hospital is Coventry and Warwickshire its a very large teaching Hospital. I have the feeling I need cauterising as I had the same problem then with bleeding, then once they cauterised it I was fine. I am losing about a teaspoon of blood a day through the night I am fine but as soon as I arise it starts. After being told today by the Secretary that my Consultant had said it was normal to bleed for a year and I would be seen at his clinic next April !! I have now written a letter to the Complaints Manager of the Hospital. So will see what happens now. I used to live in Watford before I moved up here never had these problems with the Hospital there. Thank-you for your concern LadyPink it does help to speak to someone else who has been through this. Regards Polly 
    • Posted

Hi Polly, It does sound as though you need some cauterisation doesn't it - but who are we to say until you see a medical professional. I think the way you are being 'dismissed' is absolutely appalling. My GP and the hospital couldn't have been more efficient. I saw my GP firstly about it and at examination said she could see signs of granulation in the vaginal tissue and stitches still place but looking 'nasty'. She advised my to ring the consultant's secretary to see if they would see me. I was lucky, I was given an appointment for the following week. I was on the NHS by the way and not private, so no complaints!

The letter my (lady) consultant sent to my GP a few weeks later after some treatment stated, "..areas of granulation tissue following the surgery... in two places ....which were removed and sent for histology". "Silver nitrate coagulation was performed for haemostasis". They also did a transvaginal scan to check the thickness of the uterine lining and took an endometrial Pipelle sample for biopsy. In other words they were really thorough. The occasional bleeding stopped - like you it was normally in the mornings - and touch would so far 12 months down the line, all went extremely well. 

As for your consultant's secretary passing on messages about 'bleeding being normal for up to a year' I'd say that is pretty disgusting when you hadn't even been seen. I am speechless! 

In the meantime, what help is your own GP? If you are not getting support there, can you book an appointment see another doctor at the practice? Then read up on 'granulation' via your laptop first so you can know more than they do - then baffle them with your knowledge!!!  Don't let them fob you off!  It's your body and you feel sure something isn't right. Keep us updated. LadyPink

• Posted

Hi LadyPink I do wish my Consultants Sectetary was as efficent as yours is well all of your Medical people sound really good unlike mine. I will look up granulation too. Well now I have another problem not related to these matters. On Saturday I fell in the street (must admit wasn't looking where I was going) and have grazed knees hand and arm and damaged tissues in my Wrist so am in a splint!! I am beginning to think this is definetly not my year. Will let you know LadyPink how BOTH problems go. Regards Polly

• Posted

Hi Polly, OMG, you really are in the wars. Never mind, this year is nearly at an end, so let's hope things get better in 2015. It's laughable in a way but not for poor you, oh dear...  Yes, getting back to the main thing - look up 'granulation' and see what you think? I'd never heard of it before but as soon as my GP mentioned it I came home and looked on Google. I had a gut feeling then, she was right and of course the gynaecologist, later, confirmed it. We're so lucky with our hospital which was recently voted as being 'outstanding' in the hospital tables. Just a thought, did you check out the pavement where you slipped - maybe there's a case for compensation from the council? Well you never know!!?? HaHa. You must be feeling pretty fed up at the moment but try and keep your chin up. Things have got to get better soon - haven't they?  Stay in touch. LadyPink
    • Posted

Hi LadyPink I have looked up Granulation on Google and yes I do think that could be my problem. You are so lucky with your Hospital I think i will have to move back 'Down South' I suppose it is laughable in a way I am on Face Book and have lots of comical comments from Friends!! The obvious being "Take more water with it" I was on my way to the village Church Coffee morning but ended up having hot sweet tea instead. I don't think there will be a case for compensation as I was gazing up at a new house that was being built at the time don't really know why I tripped. So here we go again Husband having to wait on me again. How awful!! Hee hee. All the best Polly 
    • Posted

Hi Polly,  HaHaHa-That's the sort of daft thing I would do! Never mind just enjoy all the attention and being the lady of leisure. Let's face it, it won't be too long before the roles are reversed and you'll be doing all the running around and the waiting on for your husband. So - make the most of it! I really hope you get things sorted pretty soon and you'll be as good as new, top and bottom. Best wishes, LadyPink
    • Posted

Thank-you LadyPink you have to laugh don't you really? Yes I am going to make the most of it don't worry. I will let you know if I hear anything from Hospital Bye for now Polly
    • Posted

Guess what LadyPink I have had not only a date to see the consultant at the Hospital that I attended on 11th November but another one to see another consultant at a different Hospital 0n 26th November. rather like buses you dont here from one then 2 come along together eh? So my persistancy paid off. thanks for your support. Will let you know how I get on. Polly
    • Posted

Hi Polly- Crickey, I don't believe it...!!!! Very well done. Your persistence certainly did pay off. I am soo pleased for you. Noe we're all dying to hear what these two consultants have to say. It's what I've always said you know "Those who shout the loudest - and don't take 'No' for an answer - get heard". I'm really delighted for you. Let us know....LadyPink 
    • Posted

Hi LadyPink Well I can only see one Consultant the one who did my Op. But I must admit it was only you egging me on that made me 'Shout louder' I would usually just 'put up' with things. So thanks again. Polly
    • Posted

Good morning Polly, I'm so pleased to have been of help. Now let's hope the consultant sorts the problem out and puts your mind at ease. I nursed my late-husband at home, with a rare brain disease - for 7 years until he died, so back then boy, did I learn fast about shouting the loudest. It does work! Good luck Polly, I'm sure all will be well. LadyPink
    • Posted

Good afternoon LadyPink just seen your letter, it went into my Spam for some reason good job I noticed before I deleted them all. You must have had a terrible time looking after you husband all those years  and very brave too, don't  think I could have coped. But at least you have found happiness now.  I will let you know how I get on Tuesday. .. lol .Polly
    • Posted

Hi LadyPink Well went to see Consultant in his 'busy' Clinic he arrived at 2.10 my appointment was 2.15 I was the only one there. Anyway he examined me said there was a lesion that hadn't healed but every thing else was fine all still in place and healed he Cauterised the lesion said it would bleed for a bit and no sex for 2 weeks also said it takes a good year to completely heal and that was that. I'm still a bit sore and still bleeding but hopefully he as done the trick. Bye the way there wasnt anyone else in the Clinic when I left either. Thanks for your help LadyPink lol Polly
    • Posted

Good result Polly! I have the dreaded UTI at week 3 postop so taking antibiotics. Everything else healing well. BTW my gynae has put me on Ovestin cream twice weekly until I see her again in 3 months. Forgot to ask her why but she did say it would help with healing process and discharge. Discharge has virtually stopped and I've only used cream once.
    • Posted

Hi Carolannfud Thats horrible isnt it having UTI i had it ongoing for about 8 weeks and 3 different antibiotics before one worked. Now I have a plastic bidet which I use everytime I have a B.M and so far touch wood I have been clear. If you dont mind me asking do you have to insert the Ovesatin cream? I am still bleeding at the moment but Consultant did say it would bleed for a few days. . Isnt it nice to be able to share our experiences on here Hope your discharge has stopped altogether now. All the best Polly
    • Posted

Yes, Ovestin goes in vaginally, 3 times a week. My gynae said discharge could last for up to 6 weeks. Mine was very light, not enough to wear a panty liner but high odour. I need to change my knickers a couple of times a day. Touch wood, there is very little discharge this week and best of all the odour seems to have gone. My gynae explIned odour due to different bugs in uterus area. Yes, I've found this forum to be invaluable in helping me make the decision re hysterectomy and what to expect afterwards. 
    • Posted

Oh thats interesting to know. I have had to wear Sanitary pads since my op always had a discharge or bleeding I am still losing some blood but not as much as I was so I'm hoping I can toss my pads out of the window soon. (Figuraively speaking of course). Yes great site Carolannfud
    • Posted

Oh thats interesting to know. I have had to wear Sanitary pads since my op always had a discharge or bleeding I am still losing some blood but not as much as I was so I'm hoping I can toss my pads out of the window soon. (Figuraively speaking of course). Yes great site Carolannfud
    • Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.