Post TURP

Posted , 13 users are following.

2 months after my Turp every thing was ok. the bleeding had stopped after the scabs came away which was about a fortnight post turp, I was getting the urge to use the loo down to every 3 hours, I could go through the night until 8am without having to get up. yesterday I had a slight show of blood at the start of the urine stream which cleared. Today I pased more blood and a scab.

once again the bleeding has cleared but I have been left with the urge to pee every half an hour ( it seems I'm back in the same place as I was a week after the Turp.

I've searched Google to see if it's normal to pass scabs after 2 months but can only find that they should have come away after 2 weeks.

Has anyone else had this happen to them.

kind regards

Howard.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No, not personally Howard.  I'm sorry to hear that you have continuing procedurally related symptoms.   I'm only first cab off the ramp because it's 8.30am. here in South Australia and I'm just getting on with my day.

I have responded because you might understandably be a bit concerned and because unless your symptoms worsen,  what you are experiencing would not  (  I believe from what I've read ) be either unheard of,   or sinister. 

There is a comprehensive site : Windsor Urology and you might find their explanatory notes on TURP,  reassuring.

Kind regards

Dudley

• Posted

I would suggest that you call your surgeon and discuss it with him.
  • Posted

After my Thulium laser surgery the urology nurse said that I might pass a scab up to six months later. Glad to say that didn't happen but I suppose it is more likely after TURP.
  • Posted

Had my turp on September 8, 2014 and still having problems but not bleeding and scabs. That stop after 7 weeks. You definitely need to get with your surgeon. I still have pain and have to pee every 30 minutes sometimes and I'm up 4 to 5 times at night. My doctor says now it's my bladder not the prostate. Good luck

Carlos

• Posted

I have been asking about the same thing for a while now. It looks like I will have a Button Plasma Vaporization the week after next. I am looking for some feedback from an airline pilot that has had the Button procedure. Or, just anyone that has had a Button on what to expect in the days, weeks, and months after this prostrate modifying procedure. I am a pilot, but grounded due to this prostrate problem, and the Foley catheter in me. At this point I am ready to do it.

Thanks,

Jon 

• Posted

Contact "CS123" as he had a button turp recently.  Let us know how it goes as I may get one in the future.
    • Posted

CS123, Can you give an up date on your Button procedure? How are you doing? Are things getting back to normal or are you still having problems?

Jon

• Posted

May be a UTI. You don't always have burning with urination with it. Can have hemorrhagic cystitis with blood and frequency as the primary symptoms, though it is unusual. Suggest you see your GP as a first step. 
    • Posted

I sounded like the blood is not visible in his urine but shows up when his urine is tested.

When I had BPH I several times has quite a lot of bleeding due to burst blood vessels in my prostate. 

• Posted

Hi Howard

3 Months after my TURP operation and the urine is clear and a light colour and bladder empties acccording to a scan I had 2 weeks ago. I have n't seen any scabs or blood since the blockage I had after the operation and a catheter broke the blockage and loads of scab and blood came out with the 700 ml urine. If you are still having scabs and blood in your urine you need to see your GP or a Urologist. Good luck and all the very best. Peter

• Posted

Hi Howard my apologies for not being on for a while I am due to have a turp on the3rd of February  but my urine is infected again going to docs for some trimethoprim when you had yor op did they put you under or did tou have an epidural regards frank
    • Posted

I had a General ( I knew nothing until waking up in recovery) definatly the way to go.

I wish you the best ( I do not regret having it done )

kind regards

Howard.

• Posted

Hi Francis,

Hope all goes well with your TURP Op on the 3 Feb, not long now.

Kind Regards

Brian

• Posted

Hi Howard/guys

Just been moving around the prostate forums.

Thanks for keeping us in the picture Howard.

Kind Regards

Brian 

• Posted

I just had the Plasma Kinetic TURP procedure about 3 1/2 weeks ago. The strength of my urine stream increased dramatically and steady flow and complete emptying. However, a concern of mine is that I have a very narrow stream and when I try to pull back where the slit in the penis is to look at the exit hole, I can't even see a hole unloess I squint and i can see a tiny little hole toward the very bottom. I don't remember ever having a stream as narrow as this. I've heard of getting strictures after the procedure which are caused from scarring of areas in the urethra where the instruments cut or scraped, but I had this narrow stream from the very beginning when they took the catherter out three days after the procedure. So I'm confused. I have been getting some very small debris coming out occasionally and so i wonder if this debris is covering part of my exit hole. My doctor examined me a little over a week ago and had nothing to say to me about the way things looked but did write in his report that I had a mild meatal stenosis (narrowing of the opening). He told me to be on the lookout for any strictures over the next weeks. I didn't even know what a stricture was and so i called later and asked what can I do to prevent these strictures from occurring. He then told me over the phone all i could do would be to insert a catheter about once per day about one inch in. What!!? I'm trying to get away from catheters. Plus, I've read studies that said that serial dilation 9which is what I believe is he prescribing) is not curative (the stricture comes back) and can cause mini tears in the meatus which then start to scar and next thing you know you have an even tighter stricture. So, I'm just confused about the whole situation. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.