Post Uro Lift Doctors Visit

Posted , 19 users are following.

I have a Uro Lift procedure scheduled for 10/25. We spend the winter in Florida starting 1/15. My physician felt the last follow up with him would be 1 month post procedure and would not interfere with travel plans. Seems a bit optimistic . Curious what others have experienced with folloow up visits with their physician.

2 likes, 151 replies

151 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Frank, yes those tests (prostate ultrasound, cystoscope, urodynamics) are pretty standard tests performed by urologists to determine prostate size, presence or absence of median lobe, and if present size thereof, help rule out prostate tumors, and make certain bladder function has not been compromised by long term bph or that there are other additional problems coexisting (co-morbidities) in addition to bph that would need to be corrected before proceeding with UroLift or other prostate interventions being considered such as prostate artery embolization (PAE), or TURP.
    • Posted

Bill and Others - I have High Retention, ~ 300-500ML, and can not VOID normally and I had a Rezum on August 15th. I keep having unsuccessful Trial Voids...Why?....
    • Posted

Hi Randy, I also have urine retention. I was told i need these tests to see if I qualify for these procedures

Rezum and Uro Lift will work for me. Uro dynamics,cystoscopy,and ultra sound of the prostate. Have you had these tests done before the procedure,

• Posted

Yes,,,I had both those tests before my REZUM was performed August 15th of this year.......
    • Posted

Hi Randy, What does URO say why you are having unsuccesfull   results with Rezum? 
    • Posted

HI Randy,

Did your resume go wrong.? Why it did not fix the prostate? Recovery takes time so may be just give it time.

• Posted

I had my REZUM on August 15th and, under normal circumstances, I should have been able to have normal voids within 3-4 days after the procedure based on other patient's experiences..Instead, I have not been able to have a Normal Void. ...The URO Doc's have not treated me for Urinary Retention. They've just treated me for the BPH I had with the REZUM...They were allowing some time for the REZUM to kill-off & remove excess Prostate tissue, as well as, allow the bladder muscle to start performing again through Trial Voids...It hasn't worked...My Uro Doc will do a new cystoscope of the prostate & bladder this week. If my Urethra Prostate Obstruction has been removed sufficiently by the REZUM and the bladder muscle and area appear normal, my URO Doc will run another Urodynamic to determine if the bladder muscle is capable of performing its function. Then, if it is the Uro Doc is suppose to teach me Self Cathing and start me on medication to stimulate the bladder muscle which is Urinary Retention Treatment....Thus, until we do the cystoscope of the Prostate, we won't be able to tell if the REZUM removed the urethra obstruction...We'll do the cystoscope this week...

• Posted

Hi Randy, Thanks for the great info on rezum.What is the name of the medication ths Uro put you on for Urine rentention? I will be starting self cath this week. I also have urine rentention, maybe we can get lucky with the medicine.Wouln't that be great>

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Randy, I sure would like to know if Rezum worked for you? Are you still in retention?

Thanks for this info my friend,

fran,

• Posted

Hi Bill I  hope all is going well for you after UL. Thanks for all the info you sent. At 87 i hope they can do the UL. for me.

Have you heard of the bladder pace maker? They might use this if retention is the problem? I have had this for 1 year no NV, luckey i can do CIC and thanks to jim james. I can't find his name on this forum since all my emails were somehow deleted. Would you know how i can find his email on this forum?

Thanks 

frank

• Posted

Hi Frank,

I just saw your message here. To reach me, you can reply to this post here.

Jim

• Posted

Jim, How do i reach you? I deleted all my emails ,not by choice.

thanks 

frank

• Posted

Frank,

Your emails stopped because you reported an email from us as spam. I have removed this report so you will start receiving them again but check your spam folder as they may go there.

As Jim said just reply to his post to contact him.

If you want to view all of your old posts go to https://patient.info/forums/me and all your posts/comments are accessible there.

Regards,

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.