Posteria Vaginal Repair

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies my op is tomorrow. Im a little confussed about how long i will have to stay in hospital. The paperwork from the hospital suggests 4 days+ but my op letter suggests it is day case surgery? How long were you in hospital for and how long before you went back to work? X

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I had my op about 6 months ago. Had op on the Monday afternoon and was discharged Wednesday afternoon. Was lucky I only needed paracetamol for pain relief and had bowel movement in the comfort of my own loo Thursday morning. Take things easy when you get home and listen to your body. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi, I had a posterior repair last week (UK) they kept me in for 2 nights only because my blood pressure was low, everyone else was going home after 1  night. Good luck
  • Posted

I had the three repairs done and stayed in for 3 nights. I am now 10 weeks post op and I am good except if I stand or walk too long and then it's rest time ! Thoughts and prayers are with you for tomorrow and yes as all have said listen to your body and rest X
    • Posted

Thanks Bunky,yes im a bit worried about going back to work in a factory,standing for 8 hours a day,they said i can go back gradualy 4 hours the first week,6 the following week and then full time. Im dreading going back standing,lifting and bending sad x
    • Posted

After how many weeks off ? I know others would agree on here rest is your best friend and you can't rush this recovery X
    • Posted

The nurse at work seems to think i will be back after a week or two,ha ha,i dont think so,not from what i have read on here. I will take the advice of the people that know and go back when i am ready. My doctor is really good and understanding x
    • Posted

Omg !!! No chance !!! And that's not me being negative !!! I was told 6 weeks was basic recovery and then the following 6 weeks was slowly getting back to norm but still no heavy lifting etc !!! X
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice,thats what i was thinking too x
    • Posted

Well ladies op went well so far,im good,dont know what i will be like when the drugs wear off though. Thankyou for all your advice and support x
    • Posted

I was scared to let them wear off before my pack was removed but in all honesty I didn't need them.

Good luck x

• Posted

Oh that's brilliant Tracey ! Haha re the drugs but you will be offered good pain relief so don't worry about taking it for a couple of days to keep yourself comfortable xx oh and have to agree with Vicky the pack coming out just wasn't an issue at all xx
  • Posted

Thanks for keeping me going ladies,i was in hospital for two nights,came out yesterday afternoon. Bit uncomfortable but not in pain,yep pack coming out was great,the presure was making me feel like i needed to go for a wee all the time even though i had a cafater. Still bleeding alot and very tired. Oh and i have had four bowel movements,love this lactulose stuff ha ha smile x
    • Posted

Oh that's great you are home. Don't let any of the discomfort build up to pain. Use the pain relief for a few days it does help and won't do you any harm.

I am so jealous re BMs lol !!! But at least the lactulose is doing its job.

Just remember lots of rest and catching up on rubbish tv and films xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.