Posterior Blefaritis and MGD , Help!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello,

I a writing here because I read many conversations about Blefaritis but I am never sure if the people have anterior or posterior Blefaritis.

I've suffering from this for a year now and I found nothing to work. I also had a surgery in my glanduls with no so great results...

I have blurry vision and i am really desesperate because I cannot find 1 person how has been cured or at least relieved of this horrible symptoms. I am really depressed.

Does anybody know if the WET Ones help for my condition?

Does anybody know someone how has been cured?

Do you have some advise....

Thank you so much

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi there

I have a mix of anterior and posterior.....I started with chronic dry eye and suddenly 4 months later the bleph developed. Ive been doing the routine of warm sterile water and baby shampoo twice daily , no improvement. Then ophtamologist suggested doxy cos I asked for it but despite having the prescription I didnt commence on it yet as I wanted to try alternative therapy so I went to a Naturopath. Im two weeks into the diet and also using the herbs she gave but no improvement so Im feeln a bit despondent and wondering did I do the right thing.Maybe Im being impatient but Im feeln very tempted to just go and start on the doxy...I have to say I hate having this, this probably sounds vain but not being able to wear eye makeup isent nice for a woman..I agree with you Daniela, we all have to remain hopeful that they will find a cure. What gets me is they have found cures for far more serious conditions and being able to discover how men can walk on the moon but in 2016 no cure for eye inflammation /infected eyelids. Very hard to believe....

• Posted

Hiii

I was thinking about doing a natural therapy, I now they are really slow. We want to see improvements right away and with the bleph that doesnt happen...

If you see you improve please let me know. I suggest you to try acupunture i feel some difference after some days of going.

Lets be positive, I must believe there is something to cure this, I am sure there is a cure out there... it just have to be found!

• Posted

New eye drop being released in August for dry eye. Probably will be expensive,will wait and see if it works for others. Ive ben given go ahead on doxy. What dose did they give you. My doc said 100 mg for 6 weeks to start. However have read on the net low dose works just as well. I mentioned this to 2 docs of course neither knew about that. Wish these docs knew more what they were doing. Also guess theres a manufacturer of doxy that makes a coated tab that is easier on the stomach. Let me know if you take it. I probably wont for a few months,my sons wedding is coming up and scared my stomach might get messed up xx
    • Posted

I think it starts with an x. Its on the internet,id have to look it up.
    • Posted

I have posterior blepharitis.  I have used the antibiotic, steroid drops, many different eye drops and ointments - nothing worked.  I am now using Refresh Plus and Refresh Celuvisc which are preservative free and you can use as often as you want.  I also got all four tear ducts plugged by my ophthalmologist which helps alot with alleviating dry eyes.  I also use baby shampoo twice a day to wash my eyelids and use a hot pack twice a day. It is a bummer not being able to wear eye make up for three months now. Good luck!
    • Posted

Does the baby shampoo dry your eyelids out much. It does mine if i use it too much. If so,do you use a moisturizer and with the shampoo,do you apply it with a qtip along the edgr or a cloth or just rub it on with your fingers and rinse?Thanks,having a heck of a time here as my tear film isnt stable and causes blurring which freaks me out.Xx
    • Posted

Hi Cheryl, yea Im glad to hear it annoys the hell out of someone else that they cant wear eye makeup, I know its only minor in the overall scheme of things but I swear its something I always loved, couldnt care less if I never wore foundation or even lipstick. I got the script for the Doxy a month ago and then following advice from some friends decided to try one last thing, the alternative route, so i went to a Naturopath, Im 3 weeks into her treatment but not a hint of change or improvement so Im feeln very tempted to just start the doxy....Did your bleph develop at the same time as the dry eye? whats buggn the hell out of me is my dry eye started following an accident in Jan and not a hint of bleph until hours after I had an MRI at the end of April. Ophtamologist insists no connection but Im finding that hard to take in......Did you ever hear of Cliradex...I think its only available in the USA but looks good...
    • Posted

Hi Lee, my Optometrist advised against using baby shampoo, he stated that a lot of recent research has proved that theres too much detergent in baby shampoo and should not be used....so I stopped using it. I had this notion myself, wondrn if tea-tree oil shampoo would help....too risky to try without consulting doc though.....
    • Posted

So do you just use plain water then? Or a store bought lid clraner? Xx
    • Posted

Sometimes if i dont rinse well after words it causes stinging. Now i usually just add 1 drop to a cup of water and apply to my lid with a q tip followed by a good rinse. I started having trouble mid march. See yours started in April. I am sooo sick of this and still get unnerved from it. Xx
    • Posted

I use cool boiled water but at different intervals I either use the ocusoft wipes or Blephasol....Lee, was there anything in particular that triggered yours? Apart from the discomfort of the condition and the restrictions it causes Im actually sick of the rigmarole of the cleaning regime each morning and evening and not seein any change.....I think you mentioned before you are in the UK, Lee, did you hear of Cliaradex.....
    • Posted

Hi,no im in the U.S. for a few years I noticed my eyelashes were growing at angles at times and were thinning. Just thought it was because I was getting older. I was getting lazy and not removing my eye make up at night. I remember about a month before i awoke with very blood shot eyes which i believe was from the make up. I used to get a slight crust of debri along my lash line but thought nothing of it,apparently the glands were getting bad then. My vision was ok til one morning in march i woke up after going out with my husband on St Patricks day with hazy vision. Just though I was a dehydrated from having some drinks..anyway,that was the start and its now an ongoing thorn in my side. Im also post menopaus so think hormones didnt help. Xx
    • Posted

Bleph and dry eye started the same time.  I have not heard of Cliradex.  I do live in the US.  Doxy did not help me at all.  I am looking into an alternative route.  
    • Posted

HI Cheryl, well will you keep me posted if you try something new or even the Cliradex....I have my script for doxy and I will give it a try but I know its very much an individual thing, works for some and not for others. I spent a fortune on a Naturopath , hoping it would work but its a month later and its not helped at all so Im gona try the traditional route of dox...
    • Posted

Hi I read the Cleradex is for the demodex mite. My doctor cant even check me for that..now days that to me is rediculous. Glad you told us the name,always something to try. Keep us posted on the doxy,remember Im probably next to try. This eye problem wares me down. I stress so much Im tired all the time. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Lee, its always great to chat to you. I only came accross the Cliradex by browsing the internet. By all accounts your eye doc can detect if its demodox by literally pulling one single eyelash. Like yourself, Im baffled at the way Ophtamologists dismiss this problem. My optometrist was actually more helpful in that he was able to confirm glands were blocked and advised the Flaxi Eyebag etc I dont like goin on antibiotics for so long but Im desperate now, just sick of this.......I will keep you posted, I agree its frustrating xxx
    • Posted

Hi friend,yup id have to travel 70 miles because they dont have a microscope. Maybe I should buy them one lol. Yes,please do keep me posted. I hope the doxy helps. I want my life back. All the best! Xx
    • Posted

OMG, isent that crazy.....youd imagine in the US they have every piece of technology at hand...I just think certain issues are dismissed as unimportant and insignificant and Bleph is certainly one of them.....In this day and age wouldnt you think they could come up with a solution,,,,I agree, I want normality to ressume.....take care xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.