Posterior Blefaritis and MGD , Help!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello,

I a writing here because I read many conversations about Blefaritis but I am never sure if the people have anterior or posterior Blefaritis.

I've suffering from this for a year now and I found nothing to work. I also had a surgery in my glanduls with no so great results...

I have blurry vision and i am really desesperate because I cannot find 1 person how has been cured or at least relieved of this horrible symptoms. I am really depressed.

Does anybody know if the WET Ones help for my condition?

Does anybody know someone how has been cured?

Do you have some advise....

Thank you so much

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

To tell you the truth, I don't know the difference between anterior or

posterior........I've had this awful business for about 25 years.   It comes

and goes....i just do the soaks and use Occusoft lid cleaners and put

Systane Balance Drops in my eyes.  i just had both eyes done to

take care of cataracts.  The surgeon suggested the Systane drops and they

seem to work best for me......try them and good luck.  I've tried the

Wet Ones and my lids got so dry I got scared of the stuff getting in my

eyes....try it all and maybe you will find some help....

• Posted

I have posterior blepharitis and have tried many things.  What seems to help me the most are Refresh Plus drops or Refresh Celluvisc drops (gel) which are preservative free and over the counter.  My opthamologist did not tell me I should use drops that have preservatives in them only four times a day but a receptionist who has blepharitis told me to use the preservative free ones.  I also have tried Muro 128 on my eyelashes at night so my eyes aren't stuck together in the morning and my eyes don't dry out at night.  It has helped alot.

• Posted

I have posterior blepharitis and MGD also.  I started out using the wet ones....following Lynda's procedure.  The wet ones really got my blepharitis under control.  If I had kept going with it I believe the blepharitis would have gone away.  But I started to wonder what caused the blepharitis in the first place.  I learned that the MGD results in more bacteria accumulating in my eyes thus causing the blepharitis.  So I went to manuka honey.  I have been doing the honey for about a month....my blepharitis is not gone yet....but my symptoms are so minimal I can't tell I have it.....and I wear eye makeup.  I think the secret is to put the honey on the roots of the eyelashes just like with the wet ones. Then I smear honey over the tops of my lashes and let some go into my eyes.  The honey also takes care of dry eye for me.  I go into detail how I use the honey on,  "Using Manuka Honey to Cure Blepharitis?" on this site.  So I think either Wet Ones or honey will work good....but I think I will do honey for the rest of my life.  Otherwise, my MGD will just create blepharitis all over again.  Take care, Dawn

• Posted

Whew!   I'd be afraid to put honey in my eyes.....did an eye doc

tell you that it's okay?   I'm afraid to put most all of the stuff

recommended here in my eyes....

• Posted

So often posterior and anterior go together. Makes sense when you figure the entire gland is enlongated and lays right under the skin of the lids. Trapped oil probably makes the lid oily and the bacteria grows. Was thinking about that the other night. My doc said for the anterior i could wear makeup if not in a flare,problem is,a flare can happen in minutes. Im determined to find a good hypoallergenic eye makep to try,i never realised how much the eye make up did for me. I look sooo plain without it,and feel very self conscious. Im prob the hardest on myself on this. Others probably could care less if I have it on or not. I hate having these eye issues. I find them disturbing. How couldnt it be,its the eyes. No forgetting about issues with them.
    • Posted

Does it sting? Doesnt all the sugar in the honey make it too granular for in the eye? I took Manuka honey for a stomach issue I had,its so thick I cant imagine putting it in the eye. But if it works for you,thats great. Xx
    • Posted

Are you kidding?  The eye doctor just said I had a "family" of problems!  He was too arrogant to take the time to even explain my condition....sorry....but after paying $160 bucks I at least hoped he would not brush blepharitis off as if it was nothing! I had to do my own research.  I found an eye study by the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health entitled, "Effect of antibacterial honey on the ocular flora in tear deficiency and meibomian glad disease." You can google it....after reading that I felt safe to use honey.  I also read testimonials of other sufferers getting relief.  

• Posted

Yes, it does sting.....It is not a granular feeling....more of a disinfectant feeling
    • Posted

My eye doctors,and ive seen 3 act like its no big deal. Well it is a big deal. Ive found more help useing Google then from any of them. Our clinic bill is huge. Im in the States. Plus 2 of them only spent like 5 minutes with me and were smug and sarcastic.
    • Posted

Oh I know, Lee.  I am in the States too.  It is sickening....and some of those drops are steroids which can cause other problems in the body...so be careful.  Doctors mock patients for going to the internet....but they have no time to spend with us so what are we to do?  
    • Posted

Honestly I dont think they use their computers,I feel at times I go in knowing more then they do. I do so wish there was more dry eye clinics,but they are few and far between and most eye doctors dont have the most up to date equipment or procedures. Xx
    • Posted

You are exactly right...I have had the same thing happen to me.  Six years ago I had two doctors tell me I had kidney cancer in both kidneys.  Went to Mayo Clinic and found out I didn't have cancer at all....didn't even need surgery....kidneys are perfect!  That woke me up to the fact that patients have to be their own advocates!  I research everything now before they touch me.....take care, Lee, and hope you get this blepharitis under control....smile

• Posted

Yes,I look up everything and make a list of questions to ask. (Although I rarely get half of them answered )Thank you Dawn I hope things keep improveing for you also. Xx
    • Posted

Always keep the words "second opinion"   foremost in your mind.

Never take the word of one doctor about anything that is serious.

• Posted

Sooo agree,ive seen 3 doctors and probably will go to 3 more. Only problem is when you get mixed answers and dont know what to think..Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.