Posterior repair

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I am 2 weeks post op from posterior & perineium repair. One week after the op I developed an infection (really foul smelling discharge) which resulted in me beig readmitted to hospital. 9days in with 2 lots of strong antibiotics and I still have a green slimy discharge. Surely this isn't normal is it?

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Judia

im two weeks post op too and I've had a discharge and light bleeding but nothing foul smelling. If after you have finished antibiotics and it is still present, I would call your doctor.  You don't want to let that go.  

Good luck.  Frances 

• Posted

I am going back next week Frances, hopefully it will be sorted. i have no bleeding at all. I did for 3 days after the op but then it stopped until the infection started. Did you have your perinieum done too? It's that which I find the most painful. Are you exhausted too? Glad you're recovering well.
    • Posted

I am not sure if my perineum was done, I know posterior and anterior cystocele.  I'm not too exhausted.  I can't ride in a car because of the pain when I sit.  I had some bowel issues up until this week. 

Thats good you haven't had the bleeding.  

I hope you feel much better soon.  Take care. 

• Posted

I have a discharge too - but it is yellow, but also a straw coloured wetness, more water like that quite wets a panty liner. I'm sure it isn't urine. I have good control now and sneezed 3x yesterday (hayfever as is Spring in NZ) & didn't even have to stop walking or cross legs - and NO leakage!! High five! You poor girl with having to go back into hospital for that. I'm guessing it isn't "normal".

• Posted

Hope this might help - I remember my surgeon telling me that the bleeding goes to a creamy white discharge as it all heals, so that sounds as though it could be similar?  Mine did that (you know I'm really a bit uncomfortable discussing this with a male moderator and can actually feel my face going a bit red!) and it was fine and after that it eased off to no discharge at all.
    • Posted

My discharge is green Robyn, there isn't loads of it but it's still worrying. Hey go you with no leakage! that's brilliant.
  • Posted

Hi judia I'm 4wks post op & I'm on same antibiotics iv nearly finished my course & have started 2 feel a lot better did u have stitches out side coz I have 😊
    • Posted

Hi Deborah,I also have stitches on the outside. You must've also had your perineum done like me. I finish my antibiotics tomorrow but I still have the discharge. Glad you're feeling better.
  • Posted

Just an update on discharge. Had a scan today and there is a small collection of fluid inside. The swabs have come back negative (no bugs). Consultant believes it will settle down and go on its own, Go back in 4 weeks. Hope you're all recovering well. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.