Posterior Vag wall repair 1 week ago noticed like a little pea size ball just behind my vagina

Posted , 4 users are following.

Posterior Vag wall repair 1 week ago noticed like a little pea size ball just behind my vaginal opening (maybe perineum area) almost looks like haemorrhoids,  Feels very uncomfortable is this normal or should I go to the doctor?  I do have haemorrhoids which are now terrible since the surgery but this one pea size ball is basically inbetween my vaginal and anus.  Thank God for this site it allows you to speak so openinly about such private unspoken things.  Any feedback would be appreciated..

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello again rita. Please don't worry what you describe is swelling following your surgery and it will subside in time. It's quite common to get areas of swelling.
    • Posted

Hi Matron thank you so much.  I just notice another message about a haematoma (collection of blood), is that possible?  Not sure what it is either?
    • Posted

You can get a small haematoma which as you correctly say is a collection of blood. This can occur after any type of surgery and if you do have a haematoma it is very likely to just disperse without you having to do anything, but remember you've had surgery whereby  your consultant will have had to handle different areas of the vulva both internally and externally so some trauma is to expected.
    • Posted

Okay thanks. If it is a haematoma how long could it take to disperse naturally?  You are such a great help and much appreciated.
    • Posted

It could take a few weeks but if it becomes painful or you get a temperature you must see a doctor. I'm not convinced it's a haematoma, I think it's probably trauma from the operation 
    • Posted

Thank you, I hope you don't mind me asking you a couple of other things?  My skin around my vaginal to anus feeling very dry (sore to touch almost raw)  I can only pat myself dry after doing a wee.  Is there anything I should do to help this?  And I just noticed a bit if a creamy discharge from my vaginal after just going to the loo and patting myself dry, is this normal too?  Thanks Matron sorry for asking so many questions but you are such a great help !!
    • Posted

Hello rita. Is your discharge a bit smelly? Sometimes thrush can make you sore around that area so you could need some canestan cream
    • Posted

Rita,, I remember my gynie telling me that as bleeding stops the discharge goes creamy and then clearer gradually, so I don't know if it's that, but I wasn't sore like that.  Having said that, I was using the coconut oil around the vulva then (NOT in the vagina until it was all well healed).
    • Posted

Hello Matron, yes it is a bit smelly and I am starting to think it is definately thrush.  I will go tomorrow to the chemist to get the cream and maybe the 1 off tablet too.  Thank you.
    • Posted

Hi rita. You could always ring your doctor and ask for a prescription. I'm not sure which will be the cheapest. 
    • Posted

Rita I don't know if it's relevant at all, if the problem is thrush, but if you are dryish there, are you using soap on the area?  I stopped using soap some time back and have been using Vagisil Prohydrate for a long time now and it's very moisturising.  Just thought it might be worth mentioning in case it helps:-)
    • Posted

Thank you for the useful info.  I haven't being using much more than water at the moment because it feels that sore I know will absolutely sting.  I am going to buy sorbelene cream today to use in the shower,
    • Posted

Ah good that you've avoided soap:-)))  Do hope that you'll be better soon:-)))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.