Postmenopausal

Posted , 24 users are following.

hi, ladies

ladies are any of you ladies going through postmenopausal if you are what are your symptoms. Mines I get dizzy, no Appetite, losing weight, sinus problems, can't sleep, getting shortness of the breath, getting back pain. ladies I also keep gas on my left side . this is hell when do it slow down, I got a bag under my right eye. I feel like shyt all the time.

3 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hey Kim..

I am in FULL BLOWN POSTMENOPAUSAL, and it is absolutely horrific!! Our hormones WREAK havoc on us, and many times the havoc is RELENTLESS! 😂😂😂 That being said, these are the symptoms I've been experiencing:

1. Shortness of breath
    2. Dry Eyes
    3. Racing Thoughts
    4. Negative Thoughts
    5. Nightmares
    6. Itchy Skin
    7. Allergies
    8. Unexplained bruises on my body
    9. Unexplained scratches on my body
    10. Anxiety
    11. Depression
    12. Rage
    13. Moody
    14. Sore/Scratchy Throat
    15. Back Pains
    16. Shoulder Pains
    17. Rib Cage Pains
    18. Impending Doom & Gloom
    19. Fear of the unknown
    20. Charlie Horse in both my feet
    21. Insomnia
    22. Weight gain (No matter what I do)
    23. Excessive Flatulence
    24. Numbness
    25. Don't know what the HELL to do
    26. Food Cravings
    27. Burning Eyes
    28. Cold Hands & Feet
    29. Bouts of sadness
    30. Very Sensitive (When someone says something cray-cray to me, I hold on to it for a VERY long time)
    31. Nervousness
    32. Adult acne/bad skin

Contrary to popular belief: doctors, the medical society, and menopausal books declare, that once our period ends, the symptoms subside and get better! I am here to tell you my dear, that is sooo... VERY far from the truth for COUNTLESS women! When my period ended, my symptoms got WORSE! SMH!! Take GREAT care of you, you are first in the lunch line, you matter!! Do the things that make you happy and sane! Drink PLENTY of room temperature water, and don't let people get under your skin!! Menopause doesn't go away quietly! I've stated on this site NUMEROUS times: It is a friggin TSUNAMI!! Be well, my postmenopausal sistah...

• Edited

hi, hun

hear you say you ha e all those symptoms in perimenopause. do anxiety cause shortness of the breath. this postmenopausal is hell what are you in now.

• Edited

im in peri lovely, i think stomach problems and reflux and allergies cause my shortness of breath xx

• Edited

hi. hun

How long you been without a period ? Some of the symptoms I am experiencing now I have experience in my perimenopause. Dr told Some of the symptoms you experience in the beginning you might experience in late menopause.

• Edited

Hi thank you all for sharing . kim i understand your in post menopause . how old are you? and hiw many years ago was your last menstral cycle? ' how long in post menopause ? Thank you

• Edited

hi, hun

I am 52 my last period was in 2016 I believe post menopause hit me last year.

• Edited

hi, vivian

I was thinking about you how is things going with you. well with this postmenopausal is hell these symptoms is really scared me reading other people's post on Facebook really getting me scared. I didn't know menopause bring on all these symptoms what can I do about it the anxiety is hell the shortness of the breath is hell and more.

• Edited

Hey Kim...

Today, (02-01-22) I feel pretty good and normal; yet, two weeks ago I was in postmenopausal hell, to say the least! My symptoms were extreme, especially the MENTAL ones! Regarding anxiety, I would suggest a high-potency Vitamin B. Yes, MENTALpause and hormonal imbalance wreak havoc on us womenfolk, they are synonymous; and cause soooo.. much pain and distress! I don't care what anyone says, MENOPAUSE IS DEBILATATING!! The government needs to classify it as a DISABILITY, and give ALL women who are DEEP in the throes of perimenopause, menopause, and post menopause a monthly check! Whatever you do Kim, please stay hydrated; it is vitally important to do so, throughout this rollercoaster ride!!

• Edited

hi melinda i too am 7 years postmenopausal and im back feeling how i did at the start of peri in 2011. thought id be over this by now but appears not, i just want a bit of life back or a normal day would be wonderful. how do you cope

• Posted

Hi anxiousface. It started getting worse for me end of February last year. The pains are terrible and weight gain, nothing will shift it. Doctors do not want to know and won't help at all. Some day's I cannot function. I feel I'm going backwards. Everything happening. Don't know how I am coping, some days I am not and don't want to see or speak to anyone

• Posted

Same here. I was doing ok until end of February last year. I noticed the weight gain before then, but I was walking one day and my feet started hurting. Next day my back started, pins and needles in hands and feet. My legs felt like someone was sticking pins in them and burning sensation constantly. And everything in your list, I could tick. Still happening now too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.