postmenopausal bleed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 51 and not had a period for nearly 3 years. Last week I had all the symptoms leading up to a period and now I'm bleeding. My Dr examined me and said she couldn't see or feel anything wrong and thinks that I am just having a period. Do why have I now got to go for a scan. I'm so worried. Thanks for listening. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi lynda 

try not to worry..

could be a number of reasons.. do you take HRT or any other things that may affect you..

a scan is most important .. 

a few ladies have had this happen post meno as i have seen their posts on here before..

big hugs jay x

• Posted

Yea me to Jay ,I've seen plenty of post saying bleeding ,can be fairly common thing .get a Gyne to look at it I say .drs can't see much ,but if had all smears. I wouldn't think to much into it personally .It happens ,all can do is get checked out .Right old Royal pain as we say in UK hey Jay xxx
    • Posted

Hi Marlene 

even vaginal dryness post meno can cause bleeding ..

😟

was reading about that the other day infact ..

hence me having my Ovestin Estriol  ovules .. when needed ..

havent had any beeding though.. only discomfort some times 

jay x

• Posted

Hello lynda. I think your doctor is just being cautious. I'm sure if she thought there was anything serious she would have referred you to a consultant. Normally it takes up to 6-8 weeks for a GP to receive a scan report so they tend not to request them if there are serious concerns, they refer to a hospital consultant first. If we can't reassure you, ring her or make an other appointment to discuss it with her. You could wait a few weeks before you get an appointment for the scan. You don't want to spend that time worrying unnecessarily.
    • Posted

Hi Matron 

good lord thats a long wait ..

i get mine explained  there and then and photos to take home 

no waiting .. 

jay x

• Posted

You're very lucky jayneejay. In my area that's certainly not the case. A gold star service, just as it should be. And allowed to take the photos home? It's only the pregnant women here that can do that
    • Posted

Hi Matron

i dont live in UK .. i am from UK though..

here i pay to see my Gyno, have everything checked, even a 3D breast scan

yes they give you all your results here, had a scan vaginally in Aug 

he showed me my ovaries on screen. and uterine lining, told me i was post menopause as uterine wall thin and 4mm ( but may thin abit more) said my ovaries were non functioning no follicles ( post meno) 

had smear, also all inside vaginal area checked and cervix, magnified and  checked all the cells close up too, pretty thorough ..

then they give you your results and talk to you, and send you home with all the pictures 😳. ( i didnt frame them)  😀

and all for 150€ .. 

told me i had vaginal dryness and suggested Ovestin Estriol Cream or Ovules just for vaginal discomfort ... and how they work etc..

i only use on occassion if feel discomfort ..

we had the natural progesterone cream discussion and when i told him what happened to me.. he went on to say how dangerous it was .. and how it messes women up.. how it shouldnt be easy to buy like it is ..

he was amazing 😀

jay xx

• Posted

That's fantastic. I would pay for that sort of service. Trouble is with our NHS we do have to wait. We pay indirectly through our taxes as you will know.
    • Posted

Hi Matron 

yes i remember and i was a nurse for the NHS years ago..

went into management years after for hospital and dental etc ..

know the score ... dont miss it ..

jay xx

• Posted

Me also. Over 40 years working for the NHS. It's gone downhill which is such a shame. Was the envy of the world at one time as well.
    • Posted

Hi Matron. 

yes it certainly has ..

takes forever to get a doctors appointment now doesnt it ..

my elderly parents always moaning about it ..

it is a shame .. 

jay x

• Posted

To many Chiefs and not enough Indians ,how often do we hear that in UK ,going down the tubes NHS ,old people on hospital trolleys for hours on end ,never right ,2014 ,shame I call it ,my aunt worked in Hsp ,everything had to be just so ,from patients to Hsp cleanliness  no bugs then. No nurses could wear uniform outside the Hsp at all .It makes sense to me .goodness knows where all it's going to end up ,rate it's going .
    • Posted

oh Marlene

chiefs and indians ..

i only said that other old classic the other day..

speak to the organ grinder hahahaha 

jay x

• Posted

You are right marlene. Managers are paid ridiculous salaries with pay rises annually and nurses get nothing. Bring back Matron who was strict but the wards were clean, patients didn't get infections and nurses nursed!!
    • Posted

Times we now live in Jay ,same old ,same old hey .im next generation to your mum and dad more or less and it's scary what it's going to be like then as we both get older. Private health care ????  That's where it's heading ,I'd hate America's system ,money up front in most Hsp 's .Start making people entering UK ,pay for health care ,no handouts .health migration. We simply can't afford it .were not as GREAT ,as we once were .Streets not paved with GOLD ,never have been ,I get wound up seeing what this country's becoming ,2 World Wars and for what ,to end up like this ,all those men who died ,must shed tears in heaven .i would .
    • Posted

There like the rotten bankers these NHS managers ,grabbing lot ,Do bad job ,hey they leave with a damn good pay off .all the same lot of them ,old days done a bad job ,you certainly didn't get a handsome payout ,all comes out of our taxes ,look at that payout ,what that could go towards inside a Hsp,that's needed. Gauling thing ,they think they deserve it ,for wasting tax payers money .plenty service men living on streets ,but those spongers live in nice houses thanks to us .nice and warm this winter .

Nurses are payed a pittance ,long hours .again winds me up . Yes matrons were strict ,they ran Hsp ,even Drs use to jump to her tune .,about time we went back to those days in my view ,sooner the better .cleaners spent long time cleaning,then they handed that out to private sector. So we've got what we've got  get what you pay for ,grubby Hsp's ,terrible .

• Posted

Yes bring back Matron. Hospitals have these Modern Matrons but they just jump when Managers tell them to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.