ppi drugs and hiatal hernia

Posted , 8 users are following.

finally after months of being in severe chest pain,heart palpitaions and severe vomitings and zero appetite i got the diagnosis of small hiatus hernia...i was put on ppi drug and told to take it just for 2 months..after 20 days of taking this drug i suffered from intense nausea and vomiting which i blv is the side effect of ppi..i was vomiting too much and feeling sick with body aches..he prescribed eto od which is a domperidone along with ppi for 30 days..i am doing well now..eating well no nausea and finally gaining weight which i had lost a lot in the past few months..my question is i was reading that after the treatment of ppi drug is over will the symptoms reoccur??i was reading a lot on internet that symptoms come back after stopping ppi drugs..is this true?? is it really a short time treatment and i.will begin.vomiting again??and by the way i follow a good diet pain ajd avoid spicy foods and caffeinated drinks...

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I don't know if it will come back or not, but I do know that a lot of people take PPIs for many years, so you won't be alone if that is the outcome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.