Pppd vs vestibular migraine?? amitriptyline.?

Posted , 9 users are following.

how do you tell which one you would have? short story is i got cold one night. woke up next morning like i was drunk. super dizzy, lightheaded, heavy head like bobble head, hard to visually focus. but not vertigo like the room was spinning. my left ear always feels full and left side head feels weaker. my doctor said maybe 7th cranical nerve got damaged. this going on since 2016. picking at left ear or listening to mysic in left ear makes dizzy/focus isdues worst

mri, ent, ct, blood work all came back good. i have similar symptoms as ppl with vestibular migraine. i went to vestibukar therapy the first time. the lady said maybe i have pppd and reccomended a very low dose amitriptyline.

so how do i know if i have pppd or vestibular migraines? would diet changes really help? i hesrd some talk of owen judd diet. anybody here try

amitriptyline.?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You can also add occipital neuralgia into the mix. Could be that as well.

• Posted

There are a lot of symptoms that go with that. Most of the time you would have pain where you neck meets your skull.

• Posted

ok i def dont have that.

seems the symptoms of pppd and vestibular migrsine are similar

• Posted

how about a heavy head feeling or achy / tight neck as i have this and in physio atm dont know whether its linked? or just posture as only 24!!?

• Posted

The problem is the issues we are having could be 100 different things. Could be Occipital issues, could be posture, or something else. My Neurologist determinded I was having issues with my Occiptal nerve.

• Posted

i do have very heavy head feeling and stiff neck when im at my worst. mostly lightheaded

• Posted

hello, what tests were done to determine that? also what do you do for treatment? i dont have neckpain but very stiff. not sure why music in left ear and scrstching inside left ear triggers though

• Posted

Go to an ENT and have them check your ears. If it's you occipital nerve giving you trouble then a neurologist will figure that out. There really is no test for that. You will tell them your symptoms. He might try a nerve block shot to see if that makes you feel better. You can go to the groups on Facebook for occipital neuralgia

• Posted

ok thanks been to ent years ago and all was good. same as neutroligist but have appontmrnt this month for ent

what do ppl cut out of their diets for dizzness??

• Posted

I suffer from vestibular migraines. I get a slight vertigo before I get a migraine headache. I am using Nortriptyline to control the migraines and dizziness. I have removed all the things that have MSG and that has helped soooo much. Look into that. I had also gone to vestibular therapy for a few months and that has helped as well.

• Posted

can you explain how you feel with vestibular migraines and how was it determined? i dont have headaches but read can be no headaches involved.

• Posted

I have constant headaches but when a migraine comes, I feel weak and I get very slight vertigo, sometimes the dizziness goes away and then after a few minutes I get the migraine headache. I also have neck pain only on my left side and I am usually slightly dizzy, all the time. They did an MRI, it came back normal, they did an ultrasound of my neck and was normal, they checked my ears for meniers and It was normal, so they pretty much checked me for everything else and they came to the conclusion I was suffering from vestibular migraines.

• Posted

oh wow

im always dizzy/lightheaded. i dont get headaches much but when i do its pressure on my forehead. my left side is what feels off and diffetent than right side. my neck is always stiff. earbuds/finger in left ear will trigger me. i dont get vertigo like room spinning, just i can't focus, off balance, lightheaded, blurred vision when stands

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.