Pppd vs vestibular migraine?? amitriptyline.?

Posted , 9 users are following.

how do you tell which one you would have? short story is i got cold one night. woke up next morning like i was drunk. super dizzy, lightheaded, heavy head like bobble head, hard to visually focus. but not vertigo like the room was spinning. my left ear always feels full and left side head feels weaker. my doctor said maybe 7th cranical nerve got damaged. this going on since 2016. picking at left ear or listening to mysic in left ear makes dizzy/focus isdues worst

mri, ent, ct, blood work all came back good. i have similar symptoms as ppl with vestibular migraine. i went to vestibukar therapy the first time. the lady said maybe i have pppd and reccomended a very low dose amitriptyline.

so how do i know if i have pppd or vestibular migraines? would diet changes really help? i hesrd some talk of owen judd diet. anybody here try

amitriptyline.?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey, read my discussion your symptoms sound just like me. For 6 months ive had this and they now think vestibular neuronitus or migrainous headaches. My question is have you ever had migraine with or without aura? As i do and they think because having those i could have migraine one. As for them tablets i was told to take if i dont get better but after researching them i would never!! They proved to cause dementia and so many negative affects id rather try lifestyle route. i am waiting for vrt therapy and got MRI today wish me luck!! Hope you get the answers you deserve.

• Posted

sometimes i do have headaches but not all the time. whst lifestyle changes are you making?

• Posted

do you have neck pain also? And i was advised to go on migraines website and they have it all on there about all different ones hows your vision is it blurry?? And do you feel weird

• Posted

my neck is always stiff. my vision is off/hard to focus at my worst

i dont feel rite. im slighly off all the time since years. Hard to focus watching ppl speak. do you know any good websites for info?

• Posted

Hi put in (Vestibular Support Group ) there are people with migraine related who can help you .

• Posted

I have PPPD which makes me dizzy and feels wierd I was diagnosed by the Vertigo Clinic here, I take anti depressants and lorazopam to help me sleep , not a lot of help though

I am doing some special exercises with my eyes

affected my vision cant read a book or read the newspaper can read large print for a short while

I am suffering anxiety and that makes it worse if I could settle down and learn to live with it I would be better off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.