Pramipexole ( help)

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hiya guys.. can you help me on any way, or some advice would be great... Iv suffed restless leg now for around a year and half, which drives me mad at nite when I’m trying to sleep or rest, I’m going through the menopause so was putting it down to maybe that, but not sure, I went to see my doc 3 weeks ago and he put me on pramiepxole one aday, they seem to be working great stopping the restless leg, and I’m able to sleep now ( yeah) BUT the dreams I have I don’t like, and I find myself shoulting out in my dreams that wakes me up scared, I live on my own, and wen I wake in the nite I feel as tho some one is in the house or in bed and it scares the hell out of me... Iv lived on my own for 15 years and I love it and never had this prob b4 I started this new med... I’m due to see my doc again wensday and I don’t want to stay on this med as even tho it is working on my restless leg, the dreams and being scared to death as put me off staying on it... does any one have any I dear what I can ask the doc to give me instead ? Or as any one had this problem wen taking this med?? Any help would be great thank you so much big hug 🤗x

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Dawn

Just re read your posts and notes you are on an anti depressant. Prozac is an SSRI which tend to worsen RLS. Lots of info on this on RLShelp.org an American site for RLS sufferers.

Good luck

John

• Posted

Hi beagle .. yeah I am, I was on  trazadone for 15 yrs and that stopped working so now on Prozac, the RLS started 18 month ago, and Iv been on Prozac for 9 months?? But thanks I will read up on this 🤗x

• Posted

Been on Mirapex for 10 years. From age 13 to 53 I had always been able to manage the symptoms by walking or standing. I sought help when that stopped working and I couldn't stay in bed at night. Started at .25 mg and over the years have gone up to a full mg . I have to take it by 6:00 pm or I can't sit at all in the evening. If I have to sit a lot in the day I take 2 a day.

No problems ever with side effects. But there are several other choices out there. You may have to try different ones.

I also take generic Cymbalta. I learned the hard way to take it in the morning and if I must take a Mirapex I have to wait about 4 hours. Good luck with your doctor.

I am going to try the iron supplement mentioned in this thread, but since mine is primary RLS (inherited, both sisters have it) I don't know . . .

• Posted

HIya sue ... been to docs, but he want me to stay on pramipexole unless the side effects get any worse, he said the other meds I could try say they have the same symptoms so pot luck on how it works for me...  he wants me to see  if my nite terrors subside ... he to did say about iron tablets as well, so I asked him why it as all started the RSL Iv got, but he said there’s not another information to say why we get this really, but he did say now Iv got it, won’t go away now so with me for life... wonderful ...so really hoping it will all settle down soon, I didn’t want him to stop meds all together as the RL drives me in sane at nite, that I feel like chopping my legs of some times ... thanks sue for getting bk intouch with me big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Your Doc needs to measure your Ferritin level for which 20+ is ok for ‘normal’ people but not for us! We RLS sufferers should aim for 70-100 (plenty of documentation on line for that). Taking ‘iron tablets’ is unlikely to be sufficient and iron bisglycinate taken on an empty stomach, in an evening is often recommended by sufferers. Let’s hope that Ferritin level is your problem as it is the easiest fix! Read up on it and pester your Doc to do a blood test and measure it, and ask for the number as ‘it’s ok’ can mean it is just over 20.

Good luck

John

• Posted

Hiya John .. I will ask him see if he will, I’m sure they don’t want to do a test as all down to money !!! 

They didn’t want to do blood test on me to see if I had blood clots, and it tuk them 6 mth and four diffrent docs b4 they did and I was found to have multi PE on my lungs... just wish they had just done it early b4 it went to my lungs... but ha ho... wen u go bk to see him I will ask.  Thank you for taking your time out to write bk to me 🤗x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.