Pre-op assessment... what to expect.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi again everyone.

Im due to have a pre op assessment soon & im just wondering what to excpect. Im a bit worried that i will be on my period when im ment to have my assessment (does it matter?). I dont want to not be able to go just because of that. Also what do they do?.& how long is surgery after that?.

Thanks

Cheryl x

2 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Cheryl,

I went to my local hosp for a pelvic and abdominal scan yesterday, again, not freely giving out information except when I asked, she said she had no concerns except for the cyst so none about the abdominal parts and to phone gp for results. I've got an appiont 11th May to see a consultant gastroencologist but I feel its a waste of nhs time really - I mean I has to be the cyst right!

Think i'm going to ring the hospital where i'm under gynea care and see what happens next, especially as they think the cyst was 3-4cm's and a question over the dermoid, now they have the proof and its grown surely that changes things?

Do you know what size we can have these removed keyhole? I'd hate to be waiting and then to be told it's grown too much and to have open surgery as i've had 2 children naturally and no scars!

• Posted

Hi mason,

You can get it done by key hole at that size, the remove them from 5-6cm or sooner if they cause you pain or you want it removing. There going to do mine by key hole (14cm). I dont understand why they cant sure for sure if its dermoid!. Theres a big differnce from "normal" & dermoid. You must be so annoyed, i am for you😕. Im just hoping after all what were going through it is these cysts causing all the trouble.keep me posted if you find out any more.

Best wishes

Cheryl.x

• Posted

How are you feeling?

I've had a couple of bad (but not real bad) days, back on the painkillers to try to feel like I actually want to do things rather than feel like ive 'pulled a muscle' or 'overdone things' in the exact area the cyst is, it has to be the route of our problems isn't it?

I read a story online of this woman having a small dermoid removed and once recovered couldn't quite believe the difference how she felt and how the horrid thing made her so ill daily that it became 'normal'

• Posted

Hi Mason.

Sorry to hear your feeling bad🙁. I have more bad days than good days now, i have to take pain killers daily just to be able to cope. It always get worse at night time, does yours?. I know its really starting to annoy my boyfriend cause he sees me at my worst, even the dog wont come near me when im in a lot of pain.

I think when weve had our op's we should be ok. Hope you find a way off getting some relief. Stay strong

Best wishes

Cheryl.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.