Prednislone

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

I am on day 4 of taking Prednislone 30mg and have 1 days left, this drug has reduced my pain, swelling and stiffness but I am still suffering with the pain, swelling and stiffness but in a smaller scale . I am awaiting my rhuematolagist appt, and I only have 1 dose left and then my five day course has finished.

I'm worried my symptoms have just been masked by the steroid and that they are going to come back sad

Anyone had anything similar ?

3 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Becky, poor you. I would urge you to seek advise from your local health food shop for more natural things, eg pineapple or cherry juice each day is very good for joints. They do all sorts of things in there for arthritis. My other half is on a rattle of meds, but I am desperate to wean him off. I also have Arthritis which isnt great & I am trying everything as natural. including Reflexology & crystal healing. Regards Amanda

• Posted

Besides a natural diet, by experience I would say that Reflexology really works.

I do it twice a day.

Take care

iellen

• Posted

Day 10 on the prednislone 30mg today was my last dose and I haven't been told to taper, tomm will be the first day withought any steroids, really worried about withdrawal side effects.

Any tips or advice to make it easier

• Posted

After only ten days you should be all right concerning steroid withdrawal.  Keep in touch with your doctor if you have any unusual symptoms.  What is the next step in treating seronegative rheumatoid arthritis?
    • Posted

Hello,

I've got to the see the Rhumatolagist on the 22nd to see what else they can do for me.

Thanks for your help

• Posted

I take Prednisone however always better to stay on the safe side - going slowly with the tapering.

Stay for at least one week taking the same amount of your steroid before adjusting to a lower dose.

In same time we must observe the reactions of our system. Our body give us loud signs!

Keep safe, keep as healthier as possible.

Take care,

iellen

• Posted

I took my last 30 mg yesterday as that was my last dose so don't have anymore tablets left rolleyes

• Posted

Again the first move would be to discuss with your doc - there are sometimes other implications associated with the main problem.

Having had so many unfortunate experiences which forced me to be absent from the Forums

I became ultra cautious.

• Posted

Who are you replying to, iellen?  Maybe repost your reply to that person?
    • Posted

Do any of the Crp or esr inflammation markers show inflammation in your blood?
    • Posted

I have no idea.  I thought those tests were to see if there'sinflammation in body tissues.

• Posted

Hi Anhangá how have you been doing ?

For a long time we do not have contact.,

I have been absent because not feeling well.

My Rheumy is very aggressive on doing the tapering and it brings serious problems to me- flare ups etc

Wish you the best,

iellen

• Posted

I'm doing well, thank you.  Sorry to hear you have been having problems.  Hope things get better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.