Prednisolone should I start taking again last few days feel bad no energy

Posted , 5 users are following.

was on prednisolone for kidney transplant come off for few days but last few days have no energy light headed should I restart my prednisolone I am also on estrogel for menopause for 3 weeks

0 likes, 29 replies

Report / Delete

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Been on it for 20 years for transplant but has failed  and read all the story about how bad it is but taking it will it help with my energy I got none but think this is my menopause I stopped cause pulse went up to 100 but have come off atenolol cause blood pressure come down after staring oestrogel 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm sorry you're going through so much with your kidney issue and now having to deal with perimenopause. Has the prednisolone given you energy in the past? Well, if your blood pressure came down it's good you stopped the Atenolol. The thing is that since you're starting oestrogel which should takes a couple of days, it's hard to say whether it will give you the energy you need. Usually in perimenopause we are in need of vitamins, like Vitamin D3. I would suggest you take vitamin D3. But let your doctor know first.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I think you need to discuss all this with your menopause doctor. How long have you been on menopace? If you started when you started the oestrogel, it should have started working but since you have dialysis, that takes it to a whole other level.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Kim, upon reading some medical data, it says that every time you have dialysis that your vitamins are filtered out. This is why it would be prudent to ask your doctor if your hrt therapy is also being filtered out. This way you'll know if your hormones are ever going to balance out.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

When we're perimenopausal do we lack estrogen too? I read many of you are on estrogel. I also hear uesteogen... Is this expensive form? I was prescribed just the tablet of progesterone and nobody seems to be taking this. So confusing

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up