Prednisolone should I start taking again last few days feel bad no energy

Posted , 5 users are following.

was on prednisolone for kidney transplant come off for few days but last few days have no energy light headed should I restart my prednisolone I am also on estrogel for menopause for 3 weeks

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Kim, why did you stop taking it? Have you consulted with your doctor about not taking it? How long are you suppose to be on it?
  • Posted

Been on it for 20 years for transplant but has failed  and read all the story about how bad it is but taking it will it help with my energy I got none but think this is my menopause I stopped cause pulse went up to 100 but have come off atenolol cause blood pressure come down after staring oestrogel 
    • Posted

I'm sorry you're going through so much with your kidney issue and now having to deal with perimenopause. Has the prednisolone given you energy in the past? Well, if your blood pressure came down it's good you stopped the Atenolol. The thing is that since you're starting oestrogel which should takes a couple of days, it's hard to say whether it will give you the energy you need. Usually in perimenopause we are in need of vitamins, like Vitamin D3. I would suggest you take vitamin D3. But let your doctor know first.

• Posted

I think you need to discuss all this with your menopause doctor. How long have you been on menopace? If you started when you started the oestrogel, it should have started working but since you have dialysis, that takes it to a whole other level.
    • Posted

Kim, upon reading some medical data, it says that every time you have dialysis that your vitamins are filtered out. This is why it would be prudent to ask your doctor if your hrt therapy is also being filtered out. This way you'll know if your hormones are ever going to balance out.

• Posted

Hi Kim,

Something like that is not our call, but your doctors decision

• Posted

When we're perimenopausal do we lack estrogen too? I read many of you are on estrogel. I also hear uesteogen... Is this expensive form? I was prescribed just the tablet of progesterone and nobody seems to be taking this. So confusing

• Posted

Colleen, if you have too much estrogen then progesterone is what you need to balance it out. But this all depends on your medical history. I was given progesterone to take for 10 days out of the month but it didn't still well with me so I was given birth control pills and those worked.

• Posted

Thsnk you for your reply. I haven't started progesterone tabs yet and think my progesterone is low. Is bcp 'for low estrogen?

• Posted

Okay then you should be fine to take the progesterone as directed by your doctor.
    • Posted

Its 100mg of progesterone tabs. It seems as if many women on here were prescibed other types and forms so I held off now I'm experiencing horrible PMS! Im regretful but sounds as if HRT takes months to become effective anyhowsad

• Posted

Not always. When I started bcp I felt the difference within one week by week two I was starting to feel myself. So the sooner you start the sooner you'll be able to start enjoying life. If you don't feel a difference within one month go back to your doctor to see if there' something else.

• Posted

I'm wondering why some women get prescribed bcp, and others get progesterone tabs et... Trial and error could be a long process

• Posted

Hi colleen I was only started on oestrogel cause have no uterus born without one so didn't no I was going into menopause only when I had hot flushes and lost confidence thinking I was dieing panic attacks dizzy light headed at first thought it was my dialysis but blood ok I am not on progesterone cause of no ulcerous  but do I need it? 

• Posted

It is trial & error, when I went on the progesterone my hormones went haywire, all over the place. I was more dizzy, more forgetful,  and more sensitive to things. So we waited about week or 2 to let the progesterone leave my body then started the bcp's.

• Posted

Hi Kim. if the doctors put ladies on oestrogel (oestrogen hrt) they usually put you on progesterone too as the oestrogen has to be "opposed" to prevent any negative effects from oestrogen. However, i am not sure if this applies to ladies that do not have  a uterus. I think it would be best if you check with doctor on this one too. x

• Posted

I am not on progesterone it was prednisolone  I am talking about I was asking if to restart it the last few days have blurred vision space out I think it's my menopause  

• Posted

Yes, Kim, these symptoms can be exacerbated by menopause. Unfortunately, blurred vision will occur while your hormones are trying to adjust but it shouldn't last.

As for taking prednisolone, if it gives you energy then start taking it. Otherwise, you should really be talking to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.