Prednisone review

Posted , 7 users are following.

can you tell me your experience about this medication i have to take it tomorrow freaking out ....

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

firstly not everyones experiences are the same so get more reviews and decide yourself. i have been on steriods for 2 1/2 years have put on a couple stone however when on a 30 mg dose i am very active cant sit down or sleep as my dose lowers to around 10mg my symptoms get bad again and they just up the dose. my white blood cells are elevated whether that due to up and downs of steriods im not sure. i recently got referred to Bristol who has given steriod based inhalers and wants to see if he can get me if prednisoline tabs. down to 10mg tabs at moment and ok so touching wood. this is a short description of my experience however yours could go very differenly depends why you going on them. I really wish you well and hope if you decide to take them they work for you keep us informed and get well soon regards Doreen

• Posted

thank you so much i was put on them for s sore throat 20 mg no sure if thats alot 😦 for 5 days twice a day i really hope this work i m so nervous because i dont know how gonna be

• Posted

Five days is short, but 2x 20 is an enormous dosage! I dunno. I'd try half that.

• Posted

yes i think is a high dose dont know why doctor gave it like that to me but will that be better if i take one day a 20 mg one for 5 days and no twice a day

• Posted

thats is a lot never heard if taking them twice a day would do once and see how you go

• Posted

yes my doctor is wrong if he think i will take 20 mg twice a day specially me that have a anxiety and depression dont want this pill to make that worse i will take one a day 20 mg that should be good

• Posted

Your doctor obviously thinks your body has inflammation somewhere. You are taking them for a very short time, but take what your doctor tells you, don't try and fiddle around yourself with different dosages. Some people on short term steroids take 100mg a day.

• Posted

oh wow 100 is too much i will just take 20 mg a day is that alot ? he not reducing it he only gave me 10 for 5 days they are 20 mg so i will take 1 a day for 5 days 20 mg

• Posted

once on them i am finding it hard to come off even though the dr decreases them gradually get to 5mg and then not able to do things without difficulty breathing. not a good thing to become reliant on so take care

• Posted

yes i took the first dose last night and i been having alot heartburn and legs pain i dont want to take them again i m calling the doctor he never told me anything about side effects or anything

• Posted

I was not suggesting you take 100mg a day I was just trying to point out that 20mg is quite a low dose in the order of things!! You are doing absolutely the right thing take two a day for five days and then stop and hopefully they will have helped.

• Posted

both of what you are experiencing are quite common side effects i still get them after 27 mths on the dam things lets hope you get off them soon

• Posted

oh ok yes i understand i know 😃 i took the first one yesterday i m having heartburn legs pain now i m scared to take it again on top of that my doctor never told me anything about side effects or reducing it he no reducing it i m scared that may cause me trouble

• Posted

oh my yes i dont want to take them i will let my doctor know so he can find another medication

• Posted

yes thats good Im sure something can be done goid luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.