Pregabalin..........wish i had know more about it

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on 75mg twice daily of Pregabalin for 4 months now. Taking it for pain and anxiety. Also take Escitalipram 20mg daily.

Decided to dump the Pregabalin. 2nd day, cold turkey and not feeling good!

Very anxious indeed and sickly etc etc.

I dont want to be on it anymore.

I am now taking Magnesium, Cod Liver oil, Tumeric and will start 5-HTC next week. I want to come off the Escitalipram too.

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks people
  • Posted

Nearly 2 weeks since I came off Pregabalin.

Got to say I am feeling ok now. Fingers crossed!

• Posted

Ok, think I am ready to throw the tabs in the bin now!

been a few weeks since I went cold turkey on them. 

I am aiming never to return to Pregabalin!,,

• Posted

Tablets gone in the bin.

Got to go back to doc though as my burning pain is so hard to live with.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that you are still in a lot of pain, research whatever the Doctor recommends before taking it perhaps this time. So pleased you are completely off Pregabalin now, perhaps the withdrawals may still be exaberating the pain a bit and it may still lessen in time. Let's hope the Doctor finds the cause of the pain this time and treats the cause, not just mask the pain.

Hope the rest of 2017 is good to you

• Posted

Thank you friend.

I have started another thread about the pain in dermatology section.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.