Pregablin

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone on this found it helpful please looking for reasurrance x

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am not a doctor, but I would stop using it. It can cause dementia. It can stop synapses forming in the brain. I found it didn't really do much for pain. I use natural methods now. What are you using it for?

• Posted

Hi, I have been on pregablin for about 3 years.

2 x 75mg per day, and it has helped me a lot.

• Posted

Thanks very much for your reply I just started it Saturday night 50mg twice a day. I've not noticed any side effects yet tho today I didn't have much of an appetite. Suppose it's too early tho. X

• Posted

I started on 50mg x2 a day too.

It helped almost immediately with my Neuro pains, and also seems to have enabled me to try and at least do a few more things after my Guilainne Barre Syndrome.

It reduced my appetite at first too, but that is a good thing for me, as I love my food 😉

• Posted

Yeah I feel it's reduced my appetite as well. I'm having strange n confusing dreams tho did u xx

• Posted

Make sure you are drinking water, and if the headache continues speak to your Gp.

Sometimes though headaches can be a side product of having broken sleep.

I hope it settles soon.

• Posted

I am taking it currently at 375mg. pd. for anxiety. I find it helpful and shall persevere in spite of some side effects (minor psoriasis ). My friends have commented that I am more calm. I feel perhaps sedated, but will settle for that at the moment. I would actually like to try and increase the dose. I have taken it for almost a year. Hope this is helpful.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply . I've been suffering with anxiety n not sleeping doctor thinks this will help. Fingers crossed it's been awful. Did u have any side effects x

• Posted

Hi Again Karen, I did notice I was hungry for snacks at night, thus eating more but when I became aware, i could easily resist so no significant weight gain. I mentioned psoriasis but that is controllable and not visible to anyone else.

I was desperate because of depersonalization disorder and it has reduced anxiety thus I am coping a lot better. So for the time being I am getting on with life. I hope if not from this you find some respite somewhere. You have my empathy x

• Posted

Hi Alan l had l depersonalization because of anixety the medication as help me can l ask what dose you are on ?

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply can I ask if u don't mind if u take any other medication I'm worried about being on 2 different meds I'm on venlafaxine antidepressant too just wish I could be meds free x

• Posted

Hi Karen,

I also take fluoxetine (Prozac) which I believe is in the same category of drugs as venlafaxine to no ill-effect. I have found acceptance to be a huge help in the relief of anxiety. Part of that would be coming to terms with medication because of an illness that will pass in time and you have to allow that to happen. Try not to be stressed by the stigma of medication. When you are well or if you notice it to be detrimental you will stop. Many people who are critical of prescribed medicine have no concept of your illness. If you continue to worry you can see another GP for re-assurance. If it was a physical illness and it helped, would you have such qualms? Hang in there, I know we all despair at times but

it will pass. x

• Posted

Thanks for the reply the past 2 night I've had really bad nightmares have you had them xx

• Posted

Hi Victoria, Sorry for taking a while to reply. You have my sympathy with depersonalization. It can be frightening, bewildering and impossible to communicate the severity of the worst of the symptoms in a way in which to be understood. I found almost no effect at 150mg. p.d. I doubled it to 300mg. and felt a benefit immediately. I would like to take more . My doctor is cautious however but has increased it to 375mg. p.d. As I say, I am not sure how but it is keeping the worst of anxiety at bay. I wish you luck. Kindest regards Alan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.