premenopausal 35????help please

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been experiencing , anxiety increased in the last 2 years, always expecting worst to happen, fearing social outings christmas etc, depression, so forgetful that i have routines in place before i leave the house checking the back door about six times, then the front door, my partner says im either high and happy or drepressive and swing contantly,over annalysing now more physical - palpatations at night, wake soaking wet round neck i have to get up and wipe with towel broken sleep, patchy rash round neck when having what feels like a hot flash working through my body etc, i forget sometime what i have done the day before , i fell my skin is not as oily and plump as it used to be BUT sex drive is ok and healty, plus my periods are regular just sometimes a little lighter,,,,,,, could i be going there i do feel very strange and its hard to put into words, my pmt is a lot worst paranoid and psychotic at times i feel......... thanks in advance !!!!!!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi dear. Sounds like a decline in hormones is starting that takes about 10 years give or take.  My sister has terrible sweats and wakes up soaked.  She uses a fan on her at night that helps.  Sleep naked should help too.  hehe. I am 48 but I recall I had heart palpitations years back.  Didn't know at the time that hormones take years to decline.

Good luck dear!  xo

• Posted

Lis, hormones start to declin around 35 - not that we necessarialy start to feel it. Your hormone tests probably will not show that.  Anyway, it is normal and may take years to ge to the point when your homones will crash, as Hot Dot said.  Every woman is different, the signs may vary to each one of us, I never had much of hot flash, even now at 50 I have few hot flashes. Xx
  • Posted

Hi Lisa

read Screaming to be heard by Dr Elizabeth Vliet, a bit medical at times, but you will see how the decline in oestrogen can start in our 30's sometimes, and it explains why we have the feelings you describe.  It won't necessarily stop the feelings, but at least you will understand that you are not going mad.

Good Luck

Viv

• Posted

Blimey, we're getting more and more younger girls experiencing the same symptoms as us ol' Wrinklies (I feel qualified to say that: I'm 54:-) !).

Now I'm renowned for being a bit anti-SSIs/ADs on this site, especially if they're the only thing being offered by a GP to help what is clearly hormonal & perimenopausal symptoms at my age. But I would not be surprised if they prescribed them for you at your age!

I have personal reasons for my not wanting to take them as part of my perimeno care. My eldest sister has had long-term mental health issues, takes a ton of anti-psychotic meds and needs watching over by her sisters. So I truly see her need for them, just not mine as we're completely polar opposites in most ways, noticeably confidence- and personality-wise.

To be honest i can see the parallels of things like anxiety attacks/depression/ bi polar with the onset of perimeno: there are many similar symptoms.

I'll also say that you'll read testimonies on here from loads of women who have taken ADs etc for years, and not just to help with perimeno symptoms, wo will say they are life-savers. And they are, and I see is with my sister's better quality of life. They're just not for me right now, personally speaking.

But I think firstly you should go see your GP, armed with your list of symptoms. There are blood tests specifically to check hormone levels, but I get the impression they're not wholly accurate for all.

Plus I wonder if your thyroid needs checking?. When that's out of whack that can make you feel terrible, and after all' it is responsible for so much to keep us well and balanced.

There are lots of things that could be causing all your symptoms. It'd be so much easier to say' Welcome to our club, you've got what we've got!', but for me if I was your age, I'd want to rule out other health issues first.....then you'd only have perimenopause to look forward to :-) :-) !

Chin up kid, go get yourself checked out. What's to lose?

Sx

• Posted

*SSRIs!!! Sorry fat finger syndrome and predicted text on this f'ing Tablet grrrrrr!!
    • Posted

Yesi successfully got off antidepressant 2 years ago afer being on them for 15 years when my mum died i started having panick attack and spent 15 years on them and can only explain that they made me a complete drama  queen and erratic  - went to Female doc a year ago when I was in the throws of a bad episode and she said i have bad PMT and could only provide councelling or Anti Depress - said no counselling I have done already and was good but I dont think counselling can help a 'hormonal chemical balance' thanks for you replys will monitor over next few months and if i get any worst will go back to different GP
    • Posted

Will look at vits as i take VB Omega, Vit D and will start with ANgus Cactus again will never go back on SSRI as I have come so far getting off them

Had a thyroid Test a year ago and anemia etc and Blood Sugar all fine so i think i know where this is heading I do think i am starting the Journey.

• Posted

Lisa

I totally get ya with the bereavement thing. It sucks. (Lost my dad when i was very (too) young and my mum and mum in-law within 6mths of each other!).

That was 14yrs ago, around the time my eldest sister got really ill.Truthfully, she had probably been mentally ill for years and years, aged 71 now they weren't too up on children's issues in the 40s/50s when she was a kid. As I say, she was the 'quiet one' in a very noisy, big happy family. Think losing mum tipped her right over the topsad

I feel for you kid. I do think in amongst the diamonds, there are some ar*eholes of Docs out there, especially when it comes to mental health issues. Fortunately, when my sis was at her worse, she had the most fantastic, sympathetic female GP, we as a family couldn't thank her enough :-)

Keep reading/posing: you'll get lots of support on here:-)

Sx

• Posted

yes will do !!! yes most docs love to dish out the tablets but im not going down that route and more than happy with my partner who is so understanding and comfortable at least for two weeks out of most months so will keep coming on here to learn and get advice 

thanks x

• Posted

Hi Lisa, your mood swings and anxiety certainly sound hormone related in some way. Thirty-five is young for peri but not unheard of and there are women on this forum who started it early - symptoms can occur before the periods become erratic and can begin in the thirties.

You could have an FSH test to see if you are close but the test is not very sensitive and sometimes doesn't show any change until periods have stopped completely. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Lisamiami

My anxieties and depression were really high as I was going through menopause. I am on a low dose of zoloft 25mg You should talk to your doctor about being on Zoloft or something that will help you while you are going through menopause. 

Hope you feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.