Premique Low Dose - Not in stock anywhere?

Posted , 41 users are following.

After many years on Premique Low Dose, I now find it is not in stock at any Chemists. Is anyone else having the same problem? If so, is there a similar HRT I can change to?

8 likes, 212 replies

212 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Are you in the UK? GP's usually know what can be prescribed in place of any drug that is hard to source.
    • Posted

Yes I am in UK, I'm waiting for a response from my GP. My main worry is that an alternative HRT isn't as suitable (causes weight gain amongst other things).
    • Posted

That's such a shame. I do hope you find something suitable. I don't know why there is such a problem getting hold of some drugs. It happened to me with an analgesic that really worked.
    • Posted

Hi - thanks for your reply. I will be positive and hope for ( possibly) a more effective alternative, let's look on the bright side . I've also noticed natural alternatives and would be interested to know if they work. Thank you.
  • Posted

It's the same here in St.Helens! I was going to try and them on the Internet but might be a bit iffy. I don't want the hot flushes again. 
  • Posted

Search for MIMS HRT, as far as I understand it, MIMS is what the doctors use to find drugs.  After a quick look, I couldn't see an obvious exact alternative, as there don't seem to be many that use conjugated (horse) estrogens and wonder if they are moving away from these now?
    • Posted

I wondered if you had found an alternative.  I have been on this Premique Low Dose for years.  When this wasn't available the GP put me on the standard Premique, on alternate days.  However, I am really unhappy with it.  I am back to having hot flushes, day and night. Looking in Mimms the dose on alternate days is still more than the low dose sad 
    • Posted

Oh no. I have just been prescribed the standard Premique to take on alternate days as couldnt get the low dose. Hope I don't get the flushes! 

• Posted

Hi Emma,

We're having oroblems getting low dose Premique here in Scotland too. My genius Dr asked the pharmicist at Boots to cut the standard dose in half for me! Works a treat. I've been on low dose Premique for just under 5 years and see no change whatsoever in getting the standard tablets halved. Maybe your Dr could request the same for you? It's worth asking.

Sandra

• Posted

Hi Sandra.  My GP did give me the standard Premique but found it was not good for me - had awful sweats and flushes.  He then tried me on Femostan Conti.  I have been on that for a couple of months now, and dont seem to have any side effects on these.  So was happy however, yesterday I noticed spotting!   And again today.   I am 67!  Not sure whether this is something that will go away.

• Posted

Hi,Emma carrott,I can't believe I found the same person as me,....toldto go on the high dose of premique on 1 day on 1 day off etc,,,,& like u I've done this for or over 2 wks now & Still getting hot flushes really badly,,,wot r thease doctors on?????!!

E they trying just to fibb us off with an embarrassing alternative? Cos let's face it,,this all looks bad in the doctors as far as I'm concerned! Woman are suffering like me cos there is no low dose of premique, funny tho there is a high dose of premique available,,the dangerous dose,,,how weird is this?Where is our low dose the one ,,plz sumone tell us???!?

• Posted

Hey Sandra seems like yr getting yr low dose of premique! Always shut up

Wot about the doctors who r fobbing patients off by saying the,u can go on the higher dose on one day take ,one day leave,& Carr and n with this,but alot if people have got the n touch saying this technique does not work,,,I shud no ,they r telling the truth,cos I'm still having very bad flushes!! But I've had an extended problems m with this,,I've becum pannicky n social situations,can smone tell me if th

• Posted

Hi Emma,

Just finished 6 months of premique low dose - loved it, to be told

by Boots that the manufacturer will not be making again until 2017.

I went back to doctors who gave me femoston.

Which gave me periods at 61 I was not amused! Went back again

saw my usual doctor who has put me back on higher dose premique .

I am cutting them in half with my docs permission!

Not easy to do, but hey ho don't want to go back to evil panic attacks

And night sweats.

Roll on 2017

• Posted

Could you buy a tablet splitter and take half a tablet daily?  Might help.
  • Posted

Hi debsimpa

I am on Premique low dose and was getting my 6 months supply on prescription from Boots the Chemist although the last time (4 months ago) they said they didn't have them in stock and I had to go to Tesco Pharmacy. I am 63 and my UK doctor is happy to prescribe them but my Spanish GP (I am here most of the year) has said she wants me to come off HRT as I have been on it for 10 years although I did have a 2 year break 2010 - 2012!

I am just waiting for blood test results to tell me where my hormone levels are at but think I want to try the bioidentical hrt route, I don't intend to come off it though. Tesco Pharmacy didn't have a problem with supplying Premique Low dose when I went to them so perhaps a couple of phone calls to ask might be worth a try or look at the BioIdentical alternative.

Good luck and it's great to see more positive reports in the recent press for HRT. 

• Posted

Hi Sandra,,reading yr stuff ,I now can't trust doctors!!!! Unless u tell me the truth behind menopause!! My dr

t

old me u will not or do not get flushes wen u get to sixty! Is this true??????? Plz sumone tell me,,,I was advised by another Dr to go on high dose of premique ,one day take, one day leave & vice versa but like I've heard rnite on here,its not srtipped their flushes,in fact ,since I have done this,I am

• Posted

Since I've bin told me go on high dose premique on alternúte days I have been experiencing panic attacks!! Is this for real? Plz sumone tell me,cos wen I go out which I only do if I have an app to do,,I start having panic attacks & think people r staring at me and

I talking about me,,,,plz can sumone tell me if I is wrong with me or is this to do with premique being prescribed to me in the wrong way?????

Wa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.