Premique Low Dose - Not in stock anywhere?

Posted , 41 users are following.

After many years on Premique Low Dose, I now find it is not in stock at any Chemists. Is anyone else having the same problem? If so, is there a similar HRT I can change to?

8 likes, 212 replies

212 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have had the same problem even resorting to ringing up the manufacturer in Kent to get supplies without success. Have been prescribed an alternative HRT from my GP called Kliovance, the lowest dose. Seems to be okay although I have had a couple of days spotting in the 5 months I have been using it. I keep going back to chemist to see if premique in stock but always being told no. Premique was the first HRT I tried and it works. Let's hope it returns soon.biggrin
    • Posted

Hi, my GP has now prescribed Femoston-conti 0.5mg (after great deliberation). Feel ok, having occassional mild flushes, but my Achilles Tendonitis has returned, although my GP beleives there is no connection between hormones & this condition. It's worth reading up on (general tendon pain) as there are many women who are suffering from tendonitis and similar conditions, and associate it with the menopause. Any feedback is welcome.
    • Posted

Hi Deb - started Femoston Conti today and have just discovered your post, may I ask how you have found the last 3 months? 

Can you fill us in on any positives (and dare I say negatives) but hope there are no neg for you?

Thanks for sharing,

Loui x

• Posted

I have just been prescribed Kliovance. All the reviews I've read so far are very negative and all report significant weight gain and bloating. How have you found it? I believe Premique LD is still not available. Thanks

• Posted

I was poorly on kliovance. Bloated me out and gave me indigestion. Then end of month gave me a period!. MY mood was bad too. Premique LD is widely available just picked up 6 months worth. Different chemists have different distributors. See my last blog to Zibby.
    • Posted

Thanks. I was on Premique LD then got changed to Femiston which didn't suit me at all so I decided to wean off HRT with the support of my GP. Been HRT free now for 4 mths but despite nutritional support and supplements I suffer with really painful joints. My GP has said to go back on to HRT and prescribed Kliovance. I don't want change one problem for another. I can't see your last blog to Zibby. Sorry, I'm new to this.

• Posted

Hi, all the things you're saying was me. I tried Femiston as well. Tried pill free ached so much! Tell your doctor Premique is definitely being made again. They moved premises that's all. All chemists have distributors. Not all are registered to get Premique. Ask at different chemists. I was so incensed with Boots that I took my tablets into them and showed them. Having been told by them that they definitely were not being remade. They were gobsmacked! 😬 after just one week taking them I feel wonderful getting back like my old self. xx

• Posted

Hi, I've been back to the Dr today and she has prescribed me Premique LD. She said she had believed it still wasn't available because she had prescribed it last week and when that patient tried to get it at the chemist next to the Drs (Manor pharmacy) she was told that it's not available. Therefore, it seems to be being dictated by the chemists rather than the Drs. How bad is that!!! Anyway, with my prescription in hand I now need to find a chemist who will have it. Which chemist did you use? Fingers crossed it's a chain one or supermarket. Thanks.

• Posted

I got mine from Boots in February, but Sharon has been told by her Boots that it's not available, so I don't think it's a pharmacy chain problem, they seem to use different suppliers in different parts of the country.  Keep trying and sooner or later you'll find one who uses the right distributor(s).

• Posted

Hi All, my chemist is Nu Cross Chemist in Hitchin, Herts. I was prepared to drive 100 miles to get it! 😬 feeling so much better. No other hrt came close. You could try ringing him to see if he can do any collaboration with another chemist? Go onto Google and ring every chemist in your area!

Cheers Sharon x

• Posted

Yeah 👍🏼😀😀😀😀😀😀

i did a Google search for Numark pharmacies in my area. The first 2 I telephoned told me there was a manufacturing problem and Premique LD was not being produced. I told them that I knew that was false information. Anyway, the 3rd one has said they have it. On my way to collect right now 👟😀 Thanks for all of your help and advice.

• Posted

They should know not to mess with women in need of HRT 😄😂😂

• Posted

Well done Simba... not taking "no" for an answer and congrats on finding a suitable pharmacy!  I'm going to begin a toally new thread called "Pharmacies where we KNOW you can get Premique low dose" I hope you will all chip in with your success stories.

• Posted

I get my Premique LD from Lloyds Chemist in Bury St Edmunds .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.