Preparation for bladder prolapse surgery

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can someone please share the preparation for this surgery especially the day before. I'm wondering if you have to clean out your colon, etc.   I'm so scared but I know I have to do this.  Thanks. 

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I didn't have to clean out my colon. Just no food or drink after midnight. That was it. No real prep of any sort.
  • Posted

Hi frances13101

Don't be scared. It is a very fast procedure. As long as you trust yor medical team you are okay. Please make sure someone will be helping you at home daily for the 52nd t 6 to 7 weeks. It will get uncomfortable to not be able o do things on your own even though you will think you can. Rmember you will be tired and rest is of utmost importance. Try to be relaxed. No pushing pulling LIFTING or stressing of any kind following surgery. Follow your doctors orders to a T. Ask lots of questions. Good luck. God bless

• Posted

Thank you very much for the encouragement.  I appreciate everyone on this site because we all know what we have been going through with the prolapse.  Thank you and God bless. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.