Preparing to start - any advice for a newbie?!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello All, my name is Cath & having reached the depths of despair over my weight have agreed with my GP to try orlistat. I have the tablets but as its Christmas I'm not going to start until Wednesday. Plan is to get through any rubbish food already bought for Christmas so I can start properly next week & I have time to prepare & organise myself. Does anyone any advice or tips they can share? How often do you weigh in? Are there any discussion threads focussed on sharing your weigh in results? I was planning on weighing each week (in Boots for 50p lol) so have the printouts to show my GP at the end of the month but fear I will need more support than that as I weigh around 28st :-(

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

omg i had chocolate fudge cake at the weekend and my god am i paying for it now, it definately teaches you the hard way
    • Posted

Oh Leah I feel your pain lol. I see my GP next week & I'd absolutely love to have hit my 5% target when I see her but that means losing 8lbs this week & I'm not sure if that's achievable but saying that if I actually follow the rules combined with SW 100% who knows what the result will be! Xx

• Posted

i know hun i just had a call from my drs saying they want to see me for my review - its not fair i havent had enough time. ive lost 76lbs on it which isnt enough i dont think
    • Posted

I think it was meant to be 6lbs as opposed to 76lbs!!
  • Posted

omg lol i meant 7lbs!!!! not 76!! sorry guys lol, however a little update, i have lost a further 2lbs this week brining my total to 9lbs in 2 weeks, im hoping the drs will let me continue on.

hows everyone doing?

• Posted

That's really good howlong can you stay on these tablets for?

• Posted

Aww that's brilliant Leah well done.

Sue, I believe its 2yrs but no research has been done past the 2yr point presumably because most people would reach their goal weight within 2yrs xx

• Posted

I see that you's are going on about 5g of fat per 100g etc how does this work? I was only given the tablets and no information about how to use them other than they take so muchof the fat out of each meal and to not eat too much fat as it would give me loose stool? I feel like i may have missed something that the drs should have given me? Well done to everyone with losses I managed to lose 4lbs only but i was not being the best i should so time now to knuckle down and ensure i get the best outr of them :-D xxx

• Posted

so the doctors have given me the go ahead for another 3 months worth however ive been getting really bad side effects and i havent been eating hardly anything bad fats, what ive learnt is that the tablets dont discriminate, even good fats they flush out, yesterday i made an omellete, went accidently way over my fat allowance and so im really paying in for it today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.