Prepping for 2nd TKR

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am a complete mess as I near my surgery on 10/9/17 for a left TKR. Perhaps in part because it is on the heels of my right TKR on 12/5/16. I feel a panic I don't recall ever having felt before. I wonder is this really necessary! I am walking and even practicing restorative yoga. My knee sometimes feels okay and then without warning I'm reminded that it really hurts and is prohibitive.  Wondering if anyone has any advice to offer.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Tammy!

Focus on the FUTURE with two GOOD KNEES! Think about how GREAT it will feel having two knees that are dependable and allow you to get your life back again.

Of course there's the recovery thing. You already know about that. It's annoying, but it doesn't last too long.

• Posted

Hi Tammy!

Focus on the FUTURE with two GOOD KNEES! Think about how GREAT it will feel having two knees that are dependable and allow you to get your life back again.

Of course there's the recovery thing. You already know about that. It's annoying, but it doesn't last too long.

• Posted

Everyone heels different every surgery has different results take your time be patient and do as mush as you can at home

Good luck. !!!

• Posted

Pressed send before I was done!

Also, think about NOT having to always think about KNEES! You will be able to move around, do what you want and eventually even FORGET about KNEES!

My surgeries were three and a half months apart (June and October 2015). Your upcoming surgery will be on my two year anniversary for Knee #2.

Today I mowed the lawn, planted 150 bulbs, made stuffed cabbage, did five loads of laundry and watered the garden. My arthritic BACK hurt, but my two knees were real troopers.

I wish this for you, too!♥️

Sending prayers of calm and strength and courage to you tonight!

You can do this!!!

• Posted

Oh gosh! You're right! It would be awesome not to think about my knees every single day!!! I love gardening, but haven't been able to for the past two seasons. Your words are inspiring!! 

• Posted

Deep breath...you beat it once, you'll beat it again...  Hope these help...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/tkr-strong-594566

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/tkr-and-ptsd-569521

• Posted

Chico, I was so hoping to hear from you!!! I benefited so much from your posts last time!! I knew you'd have something profound to say and you didn't let me down!!!!

• Posted

Took a week in Santa Fe and Taos, especially at the Pueblo and sacred Blue Mountain.  Sometimes ya gotta take time to feed your soul...
  • Posted

I was exactly the same, with the same feelings, had to really push myself mentally to go forward with second knee four months after first. I'm now nine weeks with second and you do cope.  The knees have been very different remember that and also its testing on patience levels.  I'm glad I had it done and am now going forward in time to full recovery , look at it as a phase in time and the benefits will be huge and eventually the whole lifechanging experience will fade in the past. This forum really helps when your worried or feeling down and you realise all the things you are feeling are normal, the support helps you through. Big smile and go for it😀😀😀😀😀

• Posted

Should have posted this weeks ago! I am so happy to hear from folks who have had similar experiences!!!
  • Posted

Very deep full lung breaths! 😄

It is a big step of Faith, but choose to trust, you have done it and you can do it again. Blessings to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.