Prescribed Tramadol

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been prescribed tramadol, to take 1 every 4 hours. Cut a long story short, i was given  a prescription early to go away with, upon coming home i had misplaced a bag which contained my medication and that was all i had. I went to see the doctor today and explained my situation, however it was not my normal GP it was a doctor i had not seen before. When i explained my issue, i was told that i will basically have to deal with it until i'm due to get my next repeat prescription. The doctor knows this is an addictive medication, not to mention the need for me to take it in order to not be in pain with my lower back. I feel i have been left in the dark here as going from 6 a day to 0 a day is extremely hard and agitating to say the least. Can anyone give me any expert advice i can confront my doctor with if i can get another appointment. Thankyou in advance.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I would suggest to go see another doctor to see what he says,it's not good just to stop your meds! The side effects are really bad,exsplain your situation & that you are not happy with what has happened regarding the other doctor,doctors are not always right!! Good luck!
    • Posted

Thankyou for your quick comment, i will get another appointment and hopefully can get something sorted. Many thanks
  • Posted

I had no idea that Tramadol is addictive. Here in the States it is the pain med given, for instance to a child, in place of narcotics because it is not a narcotic.

I wonder if this is the same Tramadol from country to country?

It would be wonderful if you could find you lost prescription!

💛 Dawn, USA

• Posted

Yes, it's the same. Tramadol was developed as a safer, less addictive alternative to opiates. But it turned out to be just as bad, and worse for some people. In the beginning it was (as with many drugs) heavily marketed to physicians as safe. Although it has now been proven otherwise, many doctors apparently didn't get the memo.
    • Posted

Thanks thebird55, I personally dislike it having tried it once when I had no other choice, but felt glad when it was given to my daughter, age 13, during a visit to the emergency room because I do not wish to set her up on a path to drug abuse.

Next time I will refuse it.

💛 Dawn

• Posted

Evil drug to take I ran out for a few days and it was hell I asked for something else and all I got was tramadol been on it for 5 months and I hate it but I need it for pain only drug that world is amitriptyline
    • Posted

What is amitriptyline like in comparison to tramadol ? My mum is prescibed this but hates tramadol, makes her feel sick. I on the other hand have never tried amitriptyline.
    • Posted

It's done wonders for me my nerves are damaged 30mg per night I can get a good night sleep had up too 12 hours only downside is the next Day it's like waking up with a bad hangover I get this everyday and I've been on them since last April

Also it's a weight gain drug

• Posted

Hi 

I took amitriptyline for a year and I found it completely different to tramadol. It didn't have that addictive feel and I could stop and start it without any problems. It was the only thing that helped be sleep right through the nights better than zopiclone which would give me maybe 5 hours tops. It also worked wonders for my back pain. I was lucky with amtripyline no hangover and no weight gain It's definitely  worth a try 

• Posted

Hi Marshall,my nerves in my legs are damage abd for years had normal tramadol but got fed up being hi so along with gabapentin I started taking tramadol slow release and what a difference the next 12 years were,now I also have cable in my spine,battery in my butt cheek for electric currant to each keg and am now reducing tramadol,highly recommended, have a nice day.😀
  • Posted

Can anyone tell me when trying to cut down my Tramadol I'm very tyed is this a side effect,I've had all the normal side effect but just wanted to know if this is one or something else??
    • Posted

Loss of memory chills sweating fast heartbeat blurred vision I've gone down from 8 a day down too 4

• Posted

hi amanda- being tired is normal when withdrawing- most drugs have this effect when you stop- your body needs to re-adjust - i was taking 20x50mg a day - i quit last september-cold turkey was not one of my better ideas- but im glad to be off it now- if your tapering off it  - do it slowly- best of luck
    • Posted

It's normal yes, i have experienced this. Not nice as others have said, best to try to cut down over a number of weeks. Hope this helps you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.