Prescribed Tramadol

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been prescribed tramadol, to take 1 every 4 hours. Cut a long story short, i was givenĀ  a prescription early to go away with, upon coming home i had misplaced a bag which contained my medication and that was all i had. I went to see the doctor today and explained my situation, however it was not my normal GP it was a doctor i had not seen before. When i explained my issue, i was told that i will basically have to deal with it until i'm due to get my next repeat prescription. The doctor knows this is an addictive medication, not to mention the need for me to take it in order to not be in pain with my lower back. I feel i have been left in the dark here as going from 6 a day to 0 a day is extremely hard and agitating to say the least. Can anyone give me any expert advice i can confront my doctor with if i can get another appointment. Thankyou in advance.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have done cold Turkey unsuccessfully on tramadol and been in excruciating pain,have taken 400mg for 15 years only last 2 years have I come down to 150mg,so I would ring the hospital telling them your in withdrawal and they will give you enough before you see another Dr who hopefully has a degree and is not an arse this time,they should feel tramadol withdrawals and then it would be a different conversation,good luck
    • Posted

Many thanks for the reply sir. You done well coming down so much in your dosage given the amount of years you have been taking a set amount. Hats off to that mate. Wish i had a strong mind and more willpower lol. I did get a prescription from another doctor this evening, he understood my problem a lot better.
  • Posted

I came off 400mg a day of tramadol cold turkey by choice and it was hell, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Go to ER they will give you a script then ring your doctors tomorrow and demand to see someone for a new prescription. If they refuse tell them you will keep going back to ER. Doctors don't like being made to look bad to hospitals.
    • Posted

Thankyou also for replying, this was my last option if i wasn't able to get a script from the doctor this evening as i got another appointment with another doctor who understood my problem much more. ER was my last option if it didn't go well at the last appointment.
  • Posted

Thank you for your replys guys,I'm glad to learn its normal to feel tied when withdrawring! So now I'm going into my second week,I've just missed out 1 Tramadol a day,doing the same this next week,with hardly any side effects,so I will try leaving off another tablet each day to see how that goes,I know it's a slow process but I just can't have those horrible withdrawal systems again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.