Pressure or fullness in ears?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone with labyrinthitis or vestibular neuritis have ear pressure or pain???

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Got it all the time ,I've got Mdds and tinnitus and Sinisitis/ Rhinitis ,think many get this ear pain Debbie ,feels like I've got cotton wool in ears but can hear just fine .Weird ? 
    • Posted

Is mdds Menieres? I was hoping i didnt have that! Do you have pain? What meds do you use? I have no spinning vertigo or tinnitus. Just feel drunk and have pressure.
    • Posted

Hi Debbie  Mdds is like being on a boat 24/7 ,it's not spinning like Menieres or Virtigo ,Im only fine when I'm driving  not noticed then,but can't drive around for hours on end to feel okay .I get head pressure from having tinnitus and allergies ,Ive given up on taking meds for it ,think it gives me more probs long run .

Brain and Spine association are good to look up  I got a 22 page booklet from them couple yrs ago. That was really helpful to me ,explained the various types of balance issues .Dont know if they still produce it ,but well worth trying to get hold of a copy Debbie .Where are you ? 

I didn't ever think all this time on. Id still be like I am ,but we all say this  as I found out .We all wish we had the answers to questions to ridding us of this nightmare were in .

• Posted

Hi Marlene

I am just like you....i am unbalanced all the time. I dont get spinning or even tinnitus thank goodness but i always have pressure in my head and ears. Its been going on 3 months now.

So did you go on a cruise? Is that when they diagnose you with Mdds???

• Posted

Hi Debbie ,mine began after I went to an osteopath for my sinuses,think he turned my neck wrong ,was okay on the Saturday I went to osteopath. Then 2 days later I got up to Mdds .People have gotten off a flight and it just begins ,maybe that's down to ears on the flight ,and others it's following a car accident whiplash ,so I believe it most likely begins in our necks ,even a virus in the neck .Like I said this is now going into yrs 5 dealing with this .

I've given up with drs and meds ,keep looking for answers myself ,It's one hell of a mystery why so many are coming down with this that for sure ,same with having tinnitus with it .Definately no cure for tinnitus period .

• Posted

Hi Debbie I wanted to ask about your vestibular neuritis. I experienced an extreme vertical event about four months ago. However I'm still getting dizzy spells and floaty feeling. I didn't get a formal diagnosis but they assume it is VN. Do you find yours has gotten better?

• Posted

It took 2 years till I felt normal again. I did vestibular exercises every day to retrain my brain after VN. I highly recommend these.

• Edited

Hi, thanks for replying. That gives me hope. I'm trying to do a aggressive rehabilitation on my own. Does the residual go away from vestibular neuritis was over four months ago. I find most visual instability when simply walking outside. I have good balance is just everything looks jittery. Also in big supermarkets I'm finding the bright lights large spaces make me feel floaty and detached. Did you experience

• Posted

Hi

I strongly recommend vestibular therapy by a trained professional. I would never have known how to retrain my brain. And yes, IT GOES AWAY WITH TRAINING AND PATIENCE!! 🙂🙂🙂

I have tinnitis in my left ear now but not super loud. I worry it will get louder as time goes on.

And yes, bright lights making you feel detached and floaty in the supermarket is very common!

• Posted

Thanks Debbie. Did the tinnitus happen a long time after your initial VN event? Was was the onset of the tinnitus gradual or sudden? I'm very upset I got it in the first place. I had a stressful event humans before apparently that could be a cause of it. Apparently the stress can reactivate dormant viruses.

• Posted

Hi Ron,

My tinnitis started about a year ago in 2020 and my VN was in 2008. But I'm not complaining yet. The wonkiness in my head was much worse than the tinnitis is.

• Posted

The onset of the tinnitis was gradual.

• Posted

Hi Debbie it sounds like you been through the whole thing. The strange feeling that you say that you have in your head, has not been ongoing for years or does it come go? The initial VN event happen for me for months ago. I was getting better now I noticed kind a constant slight dizziness especially in shopping malls. It's impossible to get a doctor here so I'm just doing very aggressive rehabilitation, like walking a lot kicking around and throwing Soccer ball.

• Posted

I don't have the strange feelings in my head since 2010. The exercises I did with the VN Therapist helped to cure that completely.

Sorry you cant get to a doctor...likely due to the pandemic right?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.