Pressure ulcer

Posted , 3 users are following.

4 days post op ankle surgery I noticed a pressure sore on my heal. It is a grade 1 pressure sore. Dr gave me benzoin tincture to apply to wound.  I believe it acts as a skin protectant. In addition i am to apply no pressure on wound.  I am now 11 days post op, some improvement seen. Wondering how long it takes to fully heal? How can you tell if a grade 1 pressure sore is healing or properly?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tami ,

I wish I knew! I didn't know they gave ulcers or pressure sores grade numbers? When you find out I would sure like to know the difference between grade levels.... good luck on your recovery, I hope it's not to painful.. keep me posted would love to know about your progress....Coral

• Posted

Grade 1 is basically a closed sore. Grade 2-4 are open. 4 is the worse and impacts muscle. I dint feel the sore. My heal is numb from surgery so I have no pain from the sore. I have other pain unrelated to the sore. My pressure sore is also called a bed sore or pressure ulcer. 
    • Posted

Thanks for the info , good to know.. I'm going to check my medical records and see if the doctor put a number for my ulcers on my legs ....Coral 🏝

• Posted

Hi,

I saw your question and that it was posted 2 weeks ago. I have the same issue. Has your sore resolved? I'm wondering how long mine will be like this or if I need to worry. Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.