Private or not

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi has anyone gone private to see a psychiatrist I'm thinking of doing this as I'm really fed up of feeling so low and depressed been on meds 20 years and yet again been swapped to another med which is mirts just had a crying fit it's day 2 and been so tired and eating none stop

Do you think local gp has any idea what they doing ?

1 like, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there 

was wandering how you were getting on with the side effects as I have just been prescribed these and think I would rather have the depression than side affects and that's saying something. I am new to this site and was changed from venlaflaxine to merat zapping and have never felt so low in my life xx

• Posted

Hi Catherine

I came on this forum in desperation last Thursday I was so drugged up like a zombie only had 15 mg merits but gp told me stop taking venlafaxine completely and start on merts that's prob why I've had a bad experience xx 

• Posted

Gp told me to stop venlaflaxine for few days before starting on merts as I could get serotonin syndrome, its possible you had that and looking at symptoms wouldn't wish it on worst enemy. Think i am where you were when you first came on this site.

• Posted

Omg really I have read about that since coming on here your probably right bit like going cold turkey luckily I'm still here wink

Only you know how much you can take other people find the side effects wear off just take care and try and see GP tomorrow x 

• Posted

Glad you got through it. Will try and get appointment tomorrow if not I haven't cancelled the one for Friday just in case. Thanks for advise. It's good to chat with people who are going through the same. Hope you have a good day tomorrow and speak soon. X
    • Posted

Thks Catherine 

really glad I found this forum it's helped me too 

night x 

• Posted

Morning every body have the best day you can. Take care JudithJudith
    • Posted

Hi 

how's everyone doing today ? I've managed a swim had a really long lie in this morning so tired haven't taken meds since Monday think I'm gonna come off them as the venlafaxine didn't work last time and they have tried everything else x 

• Posted

Great news you sound in a good place, well done you for trying to get off them. Good luck JudithJudith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.