Probably fighting balanitis, but still not sure, posting pictures from different days.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello guys, I am having this issue since couple weeks, I am not sure if I am fighting very successfully, but I am using Canesten since 7 days. I saw those small bumps on the glance of my head, and then penis head was very sensitive. I think the corona of my glance was swell little and it was very soar. I am not having any pain right now, it is not as sensitive as it was before several days, but still have this weird look and feeling. I had little burning feeling when I needed to take a leak. What concerns me is a small red spot that I think wasn't there in the begging, but now it is.I do suspect that is candida balanitis due to my poor hygiene, before I get this condition, but cannot be sure. I will upload several different pictures. I will go for STI test the following days, and will keep your heads up. The pictures are with these dates, I will start from right to left,(started using Canesten on 13th of February. The first three are from 2/9, 4th is from 2/11, 5th from 2/16, 6th and 7th from 2/1, 8th from 2/18, 9th from 2/19, 10th and 11th from 2/20(today). thank you in advance!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

As I understand it, balanitis can be fungal or bacterial, so, although the Canesten seems to have worked well, you might need some advice when you go for the STI test as to whether a different cream may be needed, either instead of, or in addition to, the anti-fungal.
    • Posted

Thank you for the fast reply! I am going in too days and will post what happened.
  • Posted

Those pics definitely look like balanitis, though if the white patches on pics 6 and 7 can't just be wiped off, they would be concerning.  It does seem to be responding to Canesten, so I personally wouldn't see a doctor in your position.  I wouldn't worry too much about the red spot you mention unless if gets worse or doesn't go away in a week or two.

This is my standard cut and paste for balanitis:

These links may help, though the second article is written for doctors:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/balanitis-pro  ;

Washing (with water, no soap) daily, and taking a leak and washing after masturbation or sex will probably help, and you could also try Canesten cream or Daktarin cream.  Loose fitting cotton underwear may help, and some sites recommend washing underwear with non-biological washing powder or liquid.

(Canesten is also known as Clotrimazole, and Daktarin is also known as Miconazole or these brand names: Desenex and Zeasorb in US and Canada, Micatin, Monistat-Derm, Daktarin in India, UK, Australia, Belgium and the Philippines, Daktar in Norway, Fungidal in Bangladesh, Decocort in Malaysia.)

• Posted

Thank you very much!!! Those white patches are actually Canesten cream, now I see that when I wrote my post, I described the pictures from right to left, instead of left to right. 

I will upload a better picture with the red spot I mentioned. Those pictures are from today. Any other thoughts on it, just in case you didn't saw it well on the other pictures.

• Posted

Is there a reason for you to believe it's an sti? Any penetration or non penetrative intercourse? 

PErhaps excessive jerking off? Mind filling me in sad

• Posted

I had a condition similar to you. It started with a sore tip of the penis when I was

showering. I had a solid rash between my legs. This lasted over a month.

After many visits to the doctor I was given a referral to dermatologist.

The immediate answer was psoriasis. I didn’t think it was skin condition initially.

Because it was a solid rash. Psoriasis is has circular spots with dry skin inside.

Those spots developed much later than the original symptoms.

The cream they prescribed works miracles on the penis. But not so much so on the 

rest of my body. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.