Procedures

Posted , 14 users are following.

Good Morning Men.  I  got a text from the moderator this morning.    I just want to say I'm sorry if I come off attacking when I comment on some of the procedure.  I have a strong feeling on some of them.  I just want all men to get has much information they can before they pick the one they have.  Good health to all  Ken

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Ken,

I think you come across a little strong sometimes in your opinion but from what I have read (and I haven't read everything you have posted) I don't think you have crossed the line in what you have said. I think you have been more a voice of warning. Even though we all have our opinions and different experiences, you are right that once a procedure is done, it's done and there is no turning back. A man will have to live with his choice for the rest of his life.

It is so important that every man (and their partner) are well informed when he chooses his path.

• Posted

Thank buddy.  Men just need the right informationg to make the right pick  Take care  Ken
  • Posted

Thanks, Ken; it takes a good man to take responsibility and apologize!  :-)   And yes, some of us are rather passionate about our preferences.  I have wondered why some would choose TURP, for example, when I KNOW there are "better" choices.  I do very much like this site and this collection of opinions and information!   I'm glad we have this "meeting place;"  it makes the journey less lonely and much more interesting!  :-)

• Posted

Yes men today have to stick together.  I'm 61 and I know in my fathers time no one talked about male problem.  I don't think my fsther know what a prostate was  He was born in 1917 and was a semi pro baseball player.  I don't think they prostate came up  Have a good day  Ken. 

• Posted

Hi Kenneth; I really did not noitice and did not take any offiense from anything you posted. 

In general, this enitre prostate issue that we men have is such a hassel, can be frustrating and depressing at times (for me anyway).  It's a b*tch getting old, ha! 

This Prostate Problems' blog has been invavluable in helping me understand what others are going through and how it relates to my own condition,  

In some respects we are lucky living in this age of 'advanced' medicene. Can you image what it would have been like to have prostate issues 200 years ago.  I guess back then you would just die.  At least how I can manage my prostate issues and live long enough to attend my granddaughter's weeding. biggrin

Kenneth, keep posting ans sharing - thanks!!

• Posted

Thank  I guess I just have to watch how I say things.  Have fun at the wedding  Ken
  • Posted

Ken, I have friends that are passionate about certain issues. I understand your feelings.  I find that people who are principled, are usually passionate about their opinions.  Appologizes, accepted.
    • Posted

Thank you  I guess I get carried away sometime.  It's just that if you can have good results with the lesser procedure why have the one that is going to cause you the most problem.  Aren't we all just trying to fix our problem without causes more  Take it easy  Ken

• Posted

Don't worry, I could see that you were a "urolift partisan" and found what you said useful, I weigh in all that I read and take it in the round.  You are trying to help others in what you share.  By the way, I do now have my full pre-Holep orgasm restored to all that it was before, but that did take 4 months after the op so you had a point.  It is normal for us to each believe that one thing, or another, is best. I do think generally each procedure has plus's and minus's.  But you need to research it for yourself, for sure - uro's will tend to promote what they themselves are able to do, naturally. 

• Posted

Hi Ken, I think it's a question of balance.

Your advice and genuine good wishes, are probably very much appreciated by most in this community; one that is growing with information and also as a support function.

I think where they may be concern, is for those that have already had Turp or similar procedures, which have caused some unforeseen medical problems to appear. The forum responses may add to their anxiety and stress levels.

That's my guess why some may have taken offense to your comment's tone. 

• Posted

It's not problem  I have been keeping my opinion to myself and have  not been saying to much.  I just feel sorry for the men that there doctors tell them this procedure will work and it don't and they have to either have another procedure or do CIC..  When we pick a procedure we are hopeing that it will work but we have to get all the information we can on it and if we are not sure get a second opinion.  Have a great day...Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.