Procedures

Posted , 14 users are following.

Good Morning Men.  I  got a text from the moderator this morning.    I just want to say I'm sorry if I come off attacking when I comment on some of the procedure.  I have a strong feeling on some of them.  I just want all men to get has much information they can before they pick the one they have.  Good health to all  Ken

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Kenneth, no worries from me. Truth is I did not notice and if I had I would have seen it for what is was...being passionate in expressing your feelings and beliefs in sharing your information. That is not necessarily a bad thing but that said I know I often edit my remarks extensively before pushing the post button. Like you and others I value this forum on prostate issues.
    • Posted

Thank you Bill.  I just want men to be well informed and get the information they need.  Because if they pick the wrong procedure it can be devastating.  Once it done it done  Have a good day  Ken
  • Posted

I'm with bill, a litte surpised and  disappointed to hear of your censure. Surely this is a place for opinions, right or wrong. I would be surprised if someone made any decision over their treatment based on just one opinion. As long as opinions are expressed honestly but politely they're welcome to me.

• Posted

Yes Everyone has a right to ther own opinion but we all have to stick together to fix some of these problem that men get has they get older. I'm not saying I am the same has a doctor But  A doctor give his opioion what he feels is right if you don't want to take it it is your right to get another.  Take care  Information is the key  ken  

• Posted

Ken, I have noticed that you do come on a bit strong at times but I fully understand the strength of your feelings on the subject. However, at the end of the day we should be able to draw our own conclusions in respect of what treatment is best for us as an individual and I'm pretty sure most men on here will investigate the various treatments available to us through various other means and not solely on here.   

• Posted

Yes I know I do sometimes go overboard But I do that sometime because being a man I know the out come if you make the wrong choice And I don't what that to happen.  Maybe I' trying to get the men mad so they do more research on there own   Take care  ken

• Posted

I think everyone's opinion and experiences should be looked at, but not eveyone has had the same results.  I feel fortunate that the Rezum has been so good for me, but not everyone has the same results.

Like in anthing else, doing the research can go a long way.  Go online and check out what the various uroligists have to say about each procedure, and take all of the information you have and make the decision that you feel is best for you.

Good luck to you,

• Posted

I had a Uro-lift done April 2015  Be doing great  Information is the key  Take care  ken
    • Posted

This is a blog for adults, and we should be treated as adults without moderators getting in the way unless someone is way way out of line. Expressing our opinions of a procedure, without obscenity, is not out of line and should not be moderated. In fact, allowing such opinions is within the published guidelines.

Neal

• Posted

This is not a Blog for adults. It you read what it is about it is not just for posting to its Forums. It has been set up by British  health professionals to give patients and medical people detailed information about illnesses and conditions. It is open to patients from around the world. If you use the search facilities on it you can get all the information you need about your condition .Youv'e been posting to it for some time but have you ever looked at how it is set up and works?

https://patient.info/

https://patient.info/health

• Posted

I've looked at the references you supplied. They say what you said. That said, I have only very rarely seen posts by people purporting to be "health professionals" on this particular topic. Mostly what I see are people, mostly men, but a few courageous and very helpful women, who are either asking questions or providing answers based on their own personal experiences. Perhaps there are more Health professionals on other topics, but only very rarely do they venture into the topic of men's urinary problems which is what is discussed here.

And yes, this is a topic discussed here by adults, and it would be wonderful if the moderators treated us accordingly, and in accordance with the published guidelines.

Neal

• Posted

Thank you for that.  I just try to help.  I may get out of line sometimes but I just want all men to think and get all the information they can before they pick a procedure.  You know once it's done you can't go back.  You just have to deal with it.,.Take care  Ken

• Posted

The Pro's do not contribute to Forum users they have their own area. If they did they would be innundated with questions from people they could not give (Second/third) opinions on without seeing them. This Forum is full of people who are not happy with what their medical advisors have told them and go from one to the other. In America you can do that but in the UK we are limited by the NHS as to who we can usually see.

As one Scottish poster recently said he is not now allowed to be seen at a hospital in an other health authority area. 

The medical systems and facilities are so different that a lot of talk between posters is at cross purposes as we do not often know the posters location until reading things like 'Doctors Office'

Google leads you here but there are at least two similar broad based US health sites. 

I am surprised that so much misinformation and predudice does pass through on this site.

• Posted

We have to get all the information we can.  Look at the pros and cons of a procedures. And if you can get a second opioion.  Life is to short to just take anything we are not sure of.  Information is the key..Ken  I don't remember any doctors on this site......   

• Posted

No, they have more sense!

On the old BPH NG a few used to contribute but  if they hd stuck around they would not have hd time for paying patients, I remember the Spanish Dr Sanchez was very helpful to patients and there was a Dr from Denton Urology and a few others.

Google Sanchez and you should find his web site with videos of his lectures and videos of his GL procedures.

• Posted

I've posted a link to his video that will also be of interest to others when it is moderated.

He is   

Dr. Fernando Gómez Sancha... Sorry not Sanchez.

Re doctors posting to sites like this to give their names would be unethical in the UK.

• Posted

And when people see this video they will notice there is no bleeding during the procedure.
    • Posted

Yes I did watch a couple of videos.  I still don't like them and not in favor of them  But.  If your going to pick something in that order.  At least you know he is a very trained doctor and he know what he is doing..  Will review some more.  Have to take my son to work  Ken 

• Posted

Hi Derek and Kenneth,

It seems that we are in agreement.

A better approach might be to take some of the money earned from the ads all over the site, and pay some experts like Drs. Isaacson, Bagla and Pisco in the area of PAE, and other experts in other solutions to BPH, such as the many flavors and colors of TURP, to answer questions here. That would be more useful and productive than resources spent on moderation.

Neal

• Posted

Now only if we could have that happen.  Only time will tell  Ken
    • Posted

Ken,

I think the bottom line for all of us is that we have to have confidence in our doctors who give us their best recommendations based upon their medical experience, their knowledge of all of the procedures offered, and whether or not we feel we can trust their recommendations.  

• Posted

Yes.................That is right we have to trust our doctors to know what will help us but the bottom line is we don't know if the treatment that we are having is going to help us. We put our faith in the doctor.  We don't know that until it is done.  With most of the procedures for prostate that cut away the tissue cause retro and the doctors will tell you all will be the same.  They don't know that for sure that is a text book answer.  All men are diffrent and have diffrent orgasms  So trust and a good doctor that explans everything is the key.  Life goes on  Ken  Sorry I had to bring it up 

• Posted

Yankee doctors on a Brit site? Thought the prostate Forum is dominated by American sufferers.

This is about the site as you probably have not seen it

https://patient.info/about-us

EMIS are a big listed company whose shares are around Ten Pounds at the moment.  Any Forumites fancy making an investment?

• Posted

We Brits get the impression from some posters on this site that American Urologists are mainly incompetent charlatans.

All of my American friends seem to have had good treatment apart from one who attended a VA Hospital. A relatives husband in Canada used to have all of his surgery including prostate done in Florida when they spent the Winter there.

• Posted

Belief in medicine is a bit like religion in that you don't know until it is too late if the Pearly Gates really exist.

• Posted

Medicine is a bit like religion in that you don't know until it is too late if the Pearly Gates really exist.

• Posted

I am one (of those Americans) who has learned to NOT assume my doctor is either competent, OR has my best interests in mind.  I've "fired" two urologists, one of whom was cavalier and dismissive of my problem (first kidney stone attack, 27 years ago), and one who pushed me to accept him doing a TURP (2 years ago).   

The first uro-doc, during a horrible and botched hospital stay,  said forget looking to change my dietary habits to prevent kidney stones, that I should get used to it, as I should expect many more of them....  I ditched him, found a better one, who made suggestions, and then I started reading.  I had one small attack ten years later, and got rid of the stone at home.  None since.

My home uro-doc who pushed the TURP two years ago now proudly announces Urolift on his web site... interesting!

• Posted

Hello  I don't know if I should say I'm sorry  but I'm glad you got rid of the first one...  Hope your doing ok  Ken

• Posted

Possiby Urolift is more profitable for him and is the in thing that people want at the moment.

Many in the UK Uros told patients that we will never perform GL at this hospital but now do

With our cash stricken NHS the cheapest treatment is often  the method of choice. An operation comes from their hospital budget but prescribe drugs and that cost is passed to your GP's budget.

When I have been for flow tests etc. I look at the other patients who are mainly quite old and tired looking due to being up several time a night over the years. Ask them how they are and the invariable answer is miserable from their condition and side effects of Avodart/Finasteride and Tamsulosin.

After surgery our urologists are advising patients to take or continue taking Avodart to prevent re-growth. Not that I want it but many GP’s will not prescribe Avodart as it costs considerably more that Finasteride.

• Posted

Dr Gomez Sancha is a good doc, and a good guy. He also does the Itind procedure now, in addition to HOLEP. 
    • Posted

Hi Derek.,

I'm sorry, but I can't understand your post.

The link you provided doesn't work.

Yes, there could be doctors from any country posting on a British site.

Neal

• Posted

You should never have blind trust in a doctor. Like any other professionals, some are charlatans, only In it for the money; some are sincere, but don't have any idea what they are doing, and are therefore dangerous; and some have great expertise that they are willing to use, a great bedside manner, and are real gems. If you don't do YOUR OWN research, and gain some level of expertise yourself, you won't have a clue which of these groups your current doctor falls in to (apologies to my British friends for the dangling participle).

Neal

• Posted

did you find that a change in diet helped with the amount and frequency of kidney stones?  What kind of diet, will help to alleviate kidneys stones?
    • Posted

Different kinds of stones require different treatments.  The team that removed my stone (in hospital; I was under.), LOST IT!  So, no identifying it. Guessing that it was the most common type, I watched my fluids intake and take in less dark chocolate.  I don't avoid dark greens though.  But mostly just staying carefully hydrated!

• Posted

He travelled the world lecturing and demonstrating GL PVP.
    • Posted

As in America much of the health care is provided via insurance surely the providers get feedback from patients and should weed out the bad ones.
    • Posted

The only feedback the insurance companies get is the court case, and by then, it's too late. There are very few effective ways to get rid of the bad apples.

Neal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.