PROCEDURES INFORMATION

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello there men.   Most of you guys know me for this site.  Have nothing to do but rest after my procudure so I am reading alot of papers and post on Surgical Treatments for BPH ......  I read this on Prostate net. Health Center.  I don't know if men read up on the diffrent procedures before then have them or just take the word of there doctor that this is what you need.  Do you know that 9 surgical procedure cause 3 or more problems.          From retro ejaculation, urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction and a few others.  So to fix one problem they give you 3 or more.  To me that does not sound fare.  We want the BPH fix not more problems.  Sometime they only last a few weeks but sometime they can last longer.  Retro is forever.  We as men have to stick together.  Sometime surgery is the only answer but you have to get the information on what ever you feel is right for you but before you have any procedure there are other procedure that a new and worth the time to try. Urolift is very good for some that is what I had.  PAE works well for many men Rezum is a great option.  These three that I just told you about have less side effects. Which men are looking for.  And if you don't want to do any procedure there is CIC which works good and after a while your bladder will get back to normal.  There are many men on here that picked CIC instead of having a surgery or one of the other option which these man are the ones to ask.  Your urologist is a very well educated person but I think they forget we are people too not just a number.  Our bodys were giving to use to take care of and we have to take control of them.  We should not have to give up anything just to maybe pee a little better.  I have been in retention and had to be catheter because of bleeding. But before I had the emergency exploratory surgery I would not let him touch me because they did not know why. I was still bleeding but it took him 20 minutes to sign a paper that my prostate was not to be cut for any reason. And the 2 nurses witness it. They I sign for the surgery.  I will protect my prostate to the end.  Sorry I got off tract.  All I am saying is what ever you decide please get information on anything you may pick.  Get a few option and try everything to protect your body.  With all the new procedures that are out there ther may be one for you.  Please men take control I'm sorry but I had to write this.  Men years ago did not talk about this.            You should talk to a friend or even someone with the same problem It helps to talk. We all need someone to talk to.  You may be able to take to your wife but sometime a man needs another man to talk to.  Go on that site I mention they have a detailed list on all the procedures the information is good to know.  May all of you have good heath and a Merry Christmas   Ken        

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks Ken for reminding us of our responsibilities to ourselves. G-d Bless you for trying to help all of us even as you yourself have your own problems to deal with. You are a kind compassionate man and we are very fortunate to have you on this forum. Please chime in whenever you wish.

Neil

• Posted

Thank You  All I'm trying to do is help.   Informantion is the key  Take care  Ken 

• Posted

Ken you know to be dead honest I wonder if the big desicion makers in the urology world  do their research on making money or do they really care about men at all. I keep on seeing these articles on urology and how more men in the western world are showing symptoms of BHP and of course the diet and all kinds of excuses are told but I think that the urologists are rather talking more men into the TURP who dont really need the operation. In my case I went for a checkup at my doctor and bloodtests was taken and when I got back to him he told me to go and see a urologist as my PSA is too high, 3,8. The visit at the urologist was nothing longer than 10 minutes and the outcome was that I need the TURP as my prostate was enlarged. He told me that a PSA of 3.8 is very high and he wont take the chance I must immediately go and book a bed in the hospital for the operation. So I thought that there was big problems. What I cant understand is that,when I came back to that same urologist for a check up I heared him telling another patient on the phone that he shouldnt worry about his PSA and he should only worry if the PSA gets over 6. That person probably dont have a good medical aid. The big problem is that after you did that TURP their is absolutely nothing you can do. You cant even sue them because how are you going to rate youre sexual feeling in a court anyway and all the research that they did showed no problems. The funny thing is that nobody that Ive talked to who had the TURP was happy with the climax after the operation but research couldnt get that yet.

• Posted

Wally5,

yes I was happy with my orgasm after TURP. It was very intense, long lasting and very satisfying without mess and time to orgasm was much longer then before TURP. No incontinece and had an erection while catheter was in. I was not talking any ED drugs. Just natural erections.

I had a sex on post op day 14 and 3x in 6 hours and I was not in my thirties. Who wouldn't like that.

Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with PCa and had RP.

That procedure changed my sex life for ever. 

MK

• Posted

Wally5.  That is why I keep trying to help.  You have to take control the problem.  Your PSA is only 3.8ast summer my 4.0 and my urologist d that was normal.had my done last month and it's 0.7 he's  very happy  change doctor and don't rush into anything.hae once it done it's done Take  care  Ken   

• Posted

I leared that PSA alone mans little. You need to know your free PSA to PSA ratio and your age.

I am 61,

my PSA IS 3.33

FREE PSA IS 34%

probability of cancer less than 8%

As for motives to recommend a procedure, of course there is an economic incentive. Like all of those kids who were circumcised and had tonsils out and had ear drum tubes inserted sometimes it was overused and many had the procedure done who could have lived fine without it.  Doctors are human beings with bills to pay and services to sell. To a surgeon everytihng can be solved with surgery. To an internist it can be solved with a pill. At AUA conferences doctors disagree as to what constitutes the best remedy. All a matter of perspective.

• Posted

Bobby    Im 61 also my last PSA was 0.7 going to have all the other stuff done in 3 months.  Yes alot of doctor will try to talk you into a surgery and then they tell you Lets fix this problem first and if something else comes up we can fix that. And so on and so on.  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.