Progesterone Cream

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been using natural progesterone cream for almost two years.  I did this because of my cystic breasts.  My breasts have so many cysts, lumpy, and tender a good long week prior to my cycle.  This did lesson the pain and lumpy feel.  But, I still have so many cysts, maybe even more.  I also now occasionaly have a period twice a month.  I am 49 and fairly healthy.  I was wondering if the progesterone cream has made my cysts worse.  Is there anything to do to shrink up this lumpy cysts in breasts.  I hear about them all the time at my mamagram.  I even have one that is complex and is checked every 6 months.  Thank you for any advice.  

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

From what I've read, progesterone cream is supposed to help with cysts in breasts, keep estrogen in check to prevent breast, uterine, and ovarian cancer, and shrink fibroids. It can take a higher dosage at first and several months. One indication it's working is if fibroids have not grown after three months of using the cream.  Maybe your cysts would be much worse without it. Maybe you're maintaing them where they are instead of growing.  Maybe you need a higher dosage. Maybe you need a different progesterone cream.

I strongly believe that bioidentical liposomal USP progesterone cream can be a lifesaver if that is what your body needs. This type of progesterone cream does not cause the same problems as synthetic progesterone. There are hundreds more positive sources than negative for using  bioidentical liposomal USP progesterone cream, but you just don't use it willy nilly. It's nothing to be afraid of if it's what your body needs.

It is my understanding that hot flashes are from low estrogen, so progesterone cream would not be what you want to use if you are having hot flashes, as that should mean you are low estrogen.

I'm not a medical doctor and not giving advice on what sort of supplements or bioidentical hormones to take. I'm just saying what my understanding is after of research and what my experience has been.

Bioidentical liposomal USP progesterone cream has stopped my flooding, spotting, and clotting that I had for ten months. I don't have hot flashes.

I do suggest, however, that you do more Internet research,using different search strings, to find out more about the cream and breast cysts. Include library and university data bases to get actual medical research. Original research is best, but if it's too complicated, read the summaries or secondary research that will summarize it.  Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you for sharing, I do need to do more research as everyone has a bit of a different story.  I too have read about the positive use of progesterone cream and it did take away my tender breast feeling.  But, I still do struggle with irregularity , flooding, clotting... ect.  I use to be absolutely regular with heavy periods.  Just need to find out how to fight the balance of hormones!!  Really appreciate hearing from you all.
    • Posted

Also, I don't know that I would use it long term, at least not without hormone testing, because your hormones will change as you go through peri into menopause and your needs will change.

Some women  continue to take hrt, either bioidentical or synthentic, and others don't. I don't know if it's true, but I have read that women who take either kind of  hormones on a cyclical schedule to mimic a woman's premenopausal menstruation, continue to have periods indefintely. I don't know that I want periods in my 70s! lol My goal is to get to menopause and just leave things be.

• Posted

Hi teresa

have a look at dangers of natural progesterone ..

Jay x 

• Posted

There are also dangers to synthetic hormones that many women take, but we shouldn't scare them off their treatment of choice. Everything is a risks vs. benefits, including all prescribed medicines.

There are also dangers to doing nothing and letting your homones remain unbalanced for years. There are dangers to taking iron. There are dangers to lots of things, so called "natural" and synthetic. Women have to make an informed decision. And there are qualified doctors who take a wholistic approach and do prescribe pharmacy compounded bioidentical progesterone cream according to individual  needs.

You have helped a lot of women here on this board Jay, and you are a generous, caring friend, and your advice carries a lot of weight, so if you say something is dangerous, don't take it, most probably won't. However, someone else's experience may be different than yours and they may benefit from a treatment you do not promote.

But sincerely, thank you for all you do here.

• Posted

i think you are getting this mis construed 

this is be aware of.. like everyhting .. awareness is good.

the info about danger of .. is from the info collected by others, and awareness, and if i want to share my personal experience about it and what happened to me then i will, i just wish i had known the problems it can cause before i used it.

then make your own choices as always ..

if some women have problems after chosing it, then at least they have been made aware and understand if god forbid anything happens after or they have a hormonal overload .. 

jay

• Posted

i also have not said its dangerous dont take it

it was be aware.. dangers of..

i uses it , un monitored off the internet, like i said ..not from a medical person.

• Posted

yes, I will definitely do some research.  I was thinking that I had/have too much estrogen and was trying to help balance that.  Thanks for sharing
  • Posted

I stopped using it after what I read up on it .I had a breast lump removed to so think I'll leave that alone .thats me .
    • Posted

Yes Marlene 

like you know i used it without medical say so, and it gave me a big breast lump and restarted my periods, my breasts ached..

after three months of stopping the breast lump went. 

My Gyno said its commercial, un monitored rubbish, and causes problems , his words were Big No No, it messes women up, stores in body fat and causes hormonal overload.. Whicj i had already discovered before he confirmed it ..

women may feel good for a few months then all hell breaks loose..

words of a Gyno 

jay xx 

• Posted

I agree Jay ,I've binned what I bought after I read up on info ,should have done my homework on it for sure .think hormones a lot of females still come back to question is it all Meno Hormones doing a lot of it or maybe not ? It's a minefield women go through daily do I don't I .

Why give oneself more probs .Got enough going on as is .

• Posted

Stay doing what you do best on this site Jay ,you get the information out there ,then ladies make there minds up ,for warned is fore armed .If ones not had breast lumps as I have I didn't know I could get another by using progesterone .Id started using it well before your findings on it .Hey if stayed using it I may well be sat with another lump worrying about now .When you purchase things on sites they don't know your medical background .

So stay looking up stuff .xxx 

• Posted

Thanks Marlene

Yes i try 😃

Been trailing and erroring and researching for 12 years and will never stop 😃

I love to hear what the ladies say about everything, as you learn such alot from experience and sharing and all being in it together

I am at the Docs tomorrow night to sort out my routine bloods appt,

I had a muscle go in my back on saturday its still agony 😉 felt it go. Ooooooch

Hoping he has a magic wand

New doctor i am seeing ( private ) only private here, but you get seen straight away at least

Jay x

• Posted

Hope you get it sorted ,backs are funny things. Can go on for b.....y weeks .Im still rubbing stuff in my arms from lifting those Garden pots back in the summer .Regret doing that now 3 months on.stupid or what .if he's got a magic wand then share him .

your out there helping others on here ,I know more now than I've ever done ,mistakes I made and wished I hadn't .plus saved myself cash in the process .Lets know if you get sorted on your back ,agony to say the least .

Blowing a gale here Jay.Hope no lifeboats called out tonight .xxx

• Posted

My new interest and research Marlene is Pine Bark 😃 for menopause.

Very interesting so far i have to say

Jay x

• Posted

Will most certainly read up on that Jay ,I've heard of it but not read up on it .x
    • Posted

Hi Marlene

It was so funny when i called to make docs appt, she said, do you want to come this evening ?

I said, oh no not this evening, i have a bad back, she said, well all the more reason 😃😃😃😃

(Not going about back, that just a ripped muscle.. But it did make us laugh..)

Nite nite, hope the wind doesnt cause any damage.

Sleep in your crash helmet ☺️

Jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.