Progesterone Cream

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been using natural progesterone cream for almost two years.  I did this because of my cystic breasts.  My breasts have so many cysts, lumpy, and tender a good long week prior to my cycle.  This did lesson the pain and lumpy feel.  But, I still have so many cysts, maybe even more.  I also now occasionaly have a period twice a month.  I am 49 and fairly healthy.  I was wondering if the progesterone cream has made my cysts worse.  Is there anything to do to shrink up this lumpy cysts in breasts.  I hear about them all the time at my mamagram.  I even have one that is complex and is checked every 6 months.  Thank you for any advice.  

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

Started reading about bioidentical progresterone cream last summer.  Seems to be much more widely used outside the UK (US in particular, probably thanks to Oprah, Dr Oz etc).

Only really read positive elements about it: thought it sounded like it was worth a try before possibly going down the more traditional HRT route.

Tried for about 10wks during last summer then stopped.  Wanted to have a break of a few months and re-start to see if I actually felt any benefit.

I kick myself for not logginghow I felt/what I experienced, although I believe that my Ps were much less 'clotted' and less heavy at times last year: cannot say if it was while I was using the Prog. Cream.

Historically, having always used IUDs, I got used to passing dark 'lumps of liver' each month:  so anything lighter than that was just a bonus.

I have to say that I don't take any other meds - prescribed or over-the-counter - for any ailment, including Peri. Gave in to some Meno-related multivits as my  joints are killing me lately.

Had a particularly bad P during December - bled for 19 days.Started using the cream again on NY's Day (what should have been Day 14......Christ knows what Day it actually was by then as I was really p***ed off with effectively having 2 periods with 5 days Grace mad!!!). But remember having 2 periods in mth of Dec in 2013. I find Xmas a bit sad (missing late parents/in-laws in particular) so I think I get a bit depressed then, like loads of people do for the very same reasonssad. Maybe my stress/emotions affect me more than I imagined they would??

Don't really know what to think about the connection of my extended P and my starting the Prog. Cream. Was there any connection?? 

I finished bleeding yesterday (at last!!) - and instantly felt 1000 times better: more alert; better mood; no more gut ache etc etc.  But I have no idea now what the rest of January holds.

Day 28 today, so I'll stop applying the Prog. Cream - that will be interesting to see how things develop - or don't as the case may be.

I don't have probs with sore breasts generally, but noticed they were a little more sensitive early last year (Yes, I've been a fully-paid up member of the Peri Club for a while now, I believe!).

Like fancygoldfish, I was also of the impression that hot flushes (UK version!) were due to eostrogen rather than progesterone and that a GP would normally only prescribe HRT if hot flushes were one of the symptoms experieinced.  I'll stand corrected on this of course!

I'll keep a little note about moods/physical sypmtoms while I'm trialling this course of Prog. Cream to see if I can see any pos or neg reactions. 

Sorry for waffling:  been interrupted so many times that I've almost forgotten what the thread was!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.