Prolapsed uterus

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello, ive joined this group in the hope of some advice, i have noticed a 'bulge' in my lower region, made an appoinment with the gp who was very unsympathetic, she told me i was really at the wrong place (possibly because i made an emergency appointment?) wasnt sure what else to do, she asked me if i wanted her to examine me? to which i replied yes, when she did it hurt very much even after having children, she said i had a prolapsed uterus but to do some pelvic floor excercises, as a gynae would say the same and to go back in 4 weeks, she made it seem like its very mild, it is however lying along the floor of my vagina (is the only way to describe it) there is also some of it bulging out, i can feel my coil strings when i wipe. I feel like i have just 'been left' and am very distressed about the whole thing. i cant see that pve would help when it seems my muscles must have already gone? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would get a 2nd opinion! They say their are 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree prolapse. I lived with a 1st degree for years without any problem referred to physio and just kept doing pelvic floor exercises that the physio told me to do. My prolapse became worse (more like second degree) when I started to go through the change (hormones weaken the ligaments) and I had to seek help, didn't want surgery and tried the ring , although it did help for a while eventually my prolapse got so bad and painful I would have classed it as 3rd degree at that time and had no option but to go for surgery! Hope you get the right help to get it all sorted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.