propranolol side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive been taking 20mg of propranolol for the last three days i feel depressed, im still experiencing a bit of anxiety and i feel like im drunk very light headed could this be because it lowers your blood pressure? im scared to keep taking it if this is the side effects its giving me, has anyone experienced these side effects?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Certainly you must speak with your GP, though i suspect your side-effects in themselves might be due to your anxiety at starting a new medicine. 20 mg is quite a low dose(unless you are hypersensitive to propranolol i can't see it having a major effect on BP) and lowering this to 10 mg in the interim is quite safe but you can verify this with any local pharmacist as it is not my place to give you medical advice. I know from experience that it takes acouple of weeks for your body to adjust to the medicine but propranolo is one of the safer meds out there and side effects on your current dosage are limited and not commonplace. Remember though, speak to your pharmacist/GP. Take care...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.