Prostate,

Posted , 17 users are following.

I m 63 yrs old have to frequently wake up at night for urination. It's effecting my lifestyle. Been on urimax 5 MG for some time. Want to avoid surgery. Need suggestions.

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was prescribed Tamsulosin and I had terrible side effects, no erection, soar back and the sniffles. I stopped taking it after two weeks because it did not help me. I was getting up every hour to use the bathroom and I stop drinking water several hours before bed. So I went on a combination of herbal supplements and they seam to be working so I am sharing it here. I also had a massive acid problem and have that under control as well.

I take a ginger pill when I get up, then after my grits and banana for breakfast I take Prostate Health from Leslabs plus an Artichoke extract pill. After lunch/dinner I take a pygeum bark pill with Omega 3 pill, the last pill like around 5pm is Cranberry extract. So I am going after the prostate throughout the day, I am 62 as well. After a couple of weeks with this combination I am sleeping 3 hours straight for the first time in months. I am up twice at the moment from five and six times a night and it feels great. Fennel seeds after every meal do wonders for acid problems, if you are taking Omeprazole try fennel seeds instead.

• Posted

I was prescribed Tamsulosin and I had terrible side effects, no erection, soar back and the sniffles. I stopped taking it after two weeks because it did not help me. I was getting up every hour to use the bathroom and I stop drinking water several hours before bed. So I went on a combination of herbal supplements and they seam to be working so I am sharing it here. I also had a massive acid problem and have that under control as well.

I take a ginger pill when I get up, then after my grits and banana for breakfast I take Prostate Health from Leslabs plus an Artichoke extract pill. After lunch/dinner I take a pygeum bark pill with Omega 3 pill, the last pill like around 5pm is Cranberry extract. So I am going after the prostate throughout the day, I am 62 as well. After a couple of weeks with this combination I am sleeping 3 hours straight for the first time in months. I am up twice at the moment from five and six times a night and it feels great. Fennel seeds after every meal do wonders for acid problems, if you are taking Omeprazole try fennel seeds instead.

• Posted

Hi Yashbeer. I had the same problem getting up 5 times nightly. I had the urolift procedure. It was done at 10am under light anaesthesia and took 10 minutes. I was home by 3pm and with only minor pain passing blood and clots my urine was running clear by 5pm. The great bonus is a catheter is not needed with this procedure.

Am willing to answer any questions.

Geoffrey, UK.

• Posted

How many clips and did your flow improve significantly? Mine is worse after the Urolift procedure and it is now almost four months since I had it. Wish I had never done it now and certainly do not trust my Urologist doing a TURP.

• Posted

Hello Jim. I had 3 clips. Job done in April this year. procedure performed perfectly as urethra is completely open and uro man could see straight through to bladder.

However, results re peeing are almost unchanged, still up 4 times nightly. I am told the problem is a trabeculated bladder (lost elasticity) due to expelling urine for previous 4 years past the urethral blockages. I am not too unhappy as i know i won't become a medical emergency through urine retention. Hope this explains things. Before you consider any other action, have a uro man look to see if your bladder is affected like mine.

Geoffrey

PS. I'm 71

• Posted

My diagnosis is the same, and unless my bladder shrinks and regains some elasticity, I will forgo surgery and keep doing CIC. I'm a couple of years younger than you.

• Posted

Thanks, your info helps as I think my bladder will not fully recover from years of over working itself. First thing I told my Urologist was that I have had this problem most of my life ever before my prostate starting to enlarge. I also told him I was OK with my flow and that I thought my problem was with the nerves in my bladder. He said "I hear you" and so put me on Mybetriq for an Over-Active Bladder (OAB) which helped a lot for six months and then stopped working. There are some other OAB drugs but what I have heard is that they only work for awhile like Mybetriq did.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.