Prostate biopsy

Posted , 12 users are following.

scheduled for prostate biopsy tomorrow. I would like to hear from others what I could and should expect from the procedure?

Receantly, diagnosed with prostate Ca post TURP.

I appreciate your response.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Had my first biopsy 3 hours ago. My experience: it was very painful but tolerable. Pain level 5 on scale 1-10. 2 hours after biopsy when lido wore off pain increased to 6. Took Tylenol for pain. I have burning Ned throbbing pain in my rectum and penis.

it was taken 12 biopsy samples. Result in about 10-12 days. Next appointment set for August 23rd.

• Posted

I had my first biopsy today too!...My experience so far has been much better thsan yours..The urologist gave me a local anesthisia that numbed the area and killied most of the pain.....My pain was maybe 1 out of 10 and just occured when a core sample was taken...I am a little sore in the area and bleeding through my urine a little, both of which are expected for 2-3 days....My biopsy results are expected by Tue afternoon...The Doc took 18 core samples in the area of the prostate that is discolored, appears hardend, and where, typically 95% of prostate cancer occurs...He's Hoping For The Best For You And Me!....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.