Prostate massage using electricity?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced a prostate massage with the use of electricity? I have been dealing with symptoms for 3 years and had all sorts of treatments and meds but nothing has worked. In desperation I recently emailed a number of professors in the UK (NHS) and basically begged someone to give me a prostate massage to test the fluid. A great Professor by the name of Shriprasad replied and said he would like to meet me. We went through all my paperwork, past tests etc and he told me the massage and fluid test would be the best thing for me.

I have been told that I will be knocked out and a rod using electricity will be inserted to the prostate. At the same time I will have another cystocopy (spelling?). The fluid can then be tested etc.

I have been put on tamsolusin in the meantime to help with the urine flow but I am 33 years old and still have issues around urinating, speculation and burning.

I would be interested in hearing if this is normal and has anyone else gone through this?

thanks in advance

Danny

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Beware. Quackery is making a comeback to the vulnerable and is ready to take your money. Have you spoken to any urologists about this or are you too embarassed to do so?

• Posted

I gotta admit this sounds kind of crazy.

Daniel:

Have you done any internet research on the procedure the professor is proposing?

• Posted

Morning,

This procedure is being performed for free as it is under the NHS in the UK. It is a legitimate Hospital and Urological team there. I have been under their care for the past year or so. I will do some research and share my findings.

thanks

• Posted

I'm guessing this might be it? but wouldn't this Just be the same as my other semen samples I have provided? why the need for a probe with electricity?

• Posted

So a cattle prod up your a$$? I think I'd be researching that before I went. Besides, why can't he milk the prostate during DRE and collect some fluid.

On a similar note, I once had an extremely painful DRE. Uro said "did that hurt?" I said yes then she just went on with the exam. Needless to say the was the last time I went there

• Posted

morning,

here is the photo of what I think it is. I have researched? As Derek76 has shown above - Mr Professor is a well respected and very well known Urologist. We are not talking about some random bloke in an alley with an electric rod doing the job! My Prof has won awards and does presentations around the world! In is also the Head of two of the biggest Hospitals in the UK.

I guess I dont know the answer to your question about why cant he milk during DRE. That is why I posted my original post to see what others thought or had any experience.

Again this isn't some side street dude with a fake certificate in medicine. I am under the NHS, in a very well respected Hospital so cannot imagine this is the first time this procedure has been done. How do we know if it isn't some pioneering procedure that only Prof Sriprosad conducts? Or...the electric actually takes away my pain and deals with the issue? I can imagine three quarters of this site will be banging on Sriprasads door if I came back and said I was cured or that there had been some amazing discovery eh. I wish.

• Posted

I wonder if they used that procedure to test Frankel's sperm !

• Posted

@derek76 Other than ignoring my DRE pain she was my favorite, most gentle, good listening Uro.

• Posted

@daniel, I was just busting balls. I am interested to see if anyone chimes in about having this procedure done. in a clinical setting ( Not S&M setting 😃

• Posted

Hi, Unclefester,

This is one of the problems some of us have to face: doctors jumping to conclusions "....he/she... enjoys pain ...." which are essentially incorrect. My usual request for cystoscope or catheter insertion is, "Hold the lidocaine or other analgesics, but oodles of lubricant, please!". Could this be what happened in your case with an otherwise sweet Uro?

Warm regards, alan867334.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.