Prostate Med Lift Procedure.

Posted , 14 users are following.

I am consulting with a urologist on April 2nd about having the Med Lift procedure done. Late last year I had a prostate ultrasound that showed a 79 cc prostate with median lobe enlargement and also a prostate MRI that showed an approximate 70 cc prostate with an enlarged medial lobe protruding into the bladder. I would appreciate any and all info from those who have had this procedure or those who have knowledge of it. One thing I would really like to know is what might disqualify me from having the procedure. Would an approximate 80 cc prostate or protrusion of the median lobe into the bladder be disqualifiers? I just want all the info I can get before I see the uro. As I’ve said on this forum more than once I am a real chicken sh-t. I am absolutely terrified to have the cystoscope while awake and will not have the Med Lift done if the uro insists on doing it in his office under local anesthesia. I know there is a lot knowledge on this forum so I hope to hear from you all. Kenneth1955 thank you for help on this issue.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i wish you the best!

I have had a cysto fine three times!!

its not that bad!!

yes it will hurt like hell but its real quick!!

as far as the uriolift goes.. i was suppose to have it done in january but the last cysto i had the rep was there with the uriolift company and i was told i wasnt a canadate because i had a medium lob and my prostrate was growing into the bladder....

my prostrate is only 50 cc.

i was real upset cause i wanted the urio lift and not no way a turp!!!

so im up for a new surgery called

aquablation .....,.

my urio dr is the guro of this procedure!!!!

therefore im set fir may 23 2019

i had the resum done 2016

didnt work....

good luck!!!!

• Posted

Leon if I'm understanding you correctly you are not a candidate for Urolift because of large median lobe. If that's true then you may be a candidate for the Med Lift which is a modification of the Urolift for people with a large median lobe. That is what I'm being evaluated for in April.

• Posted

I've had 3 cystoscopy. First one hurt like hell couldn't even watch or listen much cause it was agony. Even made me bleed. 2nd one wasn't bad and the 3rd one was a piece of cake. Watched the video and was very easy. I think if the doc goes slow and easy shouldn't be bad. only takes a few minutes at most..

jim

• Posted

I've had 3 cystoscopy. First one hurt like hell couldn't even watch or listen much cause it was agony. Even made me bleed. 2nd one wasn't bad and the 3rd one was a piece of cake. Watched the video and was very easy. I think if the doc goes slow and easy shouldn't be bad. only takes a few minutes at most..

jim

• Posted

No all 3 were defferent. Takes some doing to find a good uro..

• Posted

Go for Targeted PAE first.

• Posted

I was seriously considering PAE but from many comments on this forum I came away with the understanding that those with larger prostates, especially those with large median lobes outcomes were not good with PAE. please set me straight if necessary because I still may not be a candidate for MED LIFT so a plan b may be necessary.

• Posted

Gary ,

my prostate was 135 cc and had a median lobe obstructing bladder neck. It was exactly one year ago and it couldn't be better, given there were no side effect so far. I feel 30 years younger in that area. Most men who reported PAE results on this suite experienced similar results. I assume the skill of the IR performing PAE do matter. It should be a Professor from an established Medical School.

• Posted

Honestly there is nothing to a cystoscopy and it is quickly over. Watch it on the screen and ask questions.

• Posted

Gary,

I had a scope a year ago. Took a couple of Tylenol before, and I could barely feel it. Only took a couple of minutes. However, I did get a UTI a few days later and some blood in my urine for a few days. Had to go on antibiotics to knock out the UTI. Hurt to pee and was running to the bathroom every 15 minutes. Your uro has to see what's going on inside you to make sure you don't have some bladder issue, otherwise a medlift, or anything else might be a waste of time.

Best of luck to you....

• Posted

Had a Medlift procedure done at the end of the year and so far it seems to be working. Still have a PRV of around 150 ml after 5 or 6 days, but off the meds and only CIC to check my PRV. Bladder pretty streched otherwise would probably be emptying. Had a Urolift done about a year ago with some limited success. Was considering Rezum but the Dr that did the Urolift was trained up in Medlift so I decided to give it one more try.

Prostate about 50 cc.

Did the first one at the office and pretty painful, did the second at the hospital and a much better experience. Very expensive but I had met my out if pocket max for the year.

Have had 3 cystos, no worse than a catheter.

• Posted

I've had 3 cystoscopies, the first one they numbed me up first and it was a little uncomfortable, not horrible. It did hurt to pee for a couple of days. The second one was about the same but it didn't hurt as much after to pee. The third one was with the doc that did my urolift, not a believer in anesthesia, there was no numbing first just rammed the thing up there, it was very uncomfortable. Oddly enough it only hurt to pee for the first day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.