Prostate Med Lift Procedure.

Posted , 14 users are following.

I am consulting with a urologist on April 2nd about having the Med Lift procedure done. Late last year I had a prostate ultrasound that showed a 79 cc prostate with median lobe enlargement and also a prostate MRI that showed an approximate 70 cc prostate with an enlarged medial lobe protruding into the bladder. I would appreciate any and all info from those who have had this procedure or those who have knowledge of it. One thing I would really like to know is what might disqualify me from having the procedure. Would an approximate 80 cc prostate or protrusion of the median lobe into the bladder be disqualifiers? I just want all the info I can get before I see the uro. As I’ve said on this forum more than once I am a real chicken sh-t. I am absolutely terrified to have the cystoscope while awake and will not have the Med Lift done if the uro insists on doing it in his office under local anesthesia. I know there is a lot knowledge on this forum so I hope to hear from you all. Kenneth1955 thank you for help on this issue.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi , you may want to keep in mind this as a possible option, I had an enlarged median lobe pushing my bladder up and causing all sorts of horrible issues but eventually it got so bad I had no choice but to search for some kind of preferably least invasive surgery, the option I had done 15 months ago with no known side affects, no pain during or after, and everything is fantastic, my life is all good now!

yes it was expensive but well worth it, I chose FLA with Dr K in Houston Texas -why FLA?- no side effects! why Dr K?- I could not find anyone better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.