Prostate pain for last 4 days

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have prostate area pains for the last 4 days.  The pain is zero when I wake up from sleeping but as the day goes along, the pain increases slowly.  My job is mostly sitting down.  By 4pm, I have considerable pain.  I've never had prostate issues.  No pain while urinating and no pain to ejaculate.  Any ideas on what it could be?  Perhaps nerve pain because I have had a back lower back for the last 15 years but it has not been hurting lately.  

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good evening.  John.  Do you feel like your seating on a ball when your seating straight in a chair.  If you do thats your prostate if not and you dont have any problem going to the bathroom and ejaculating It's most likely your back all the muscle in that area are all connected.  Are you on any pain meds  Take it easy  Ken  

• Posted

Thank you for the reply.  It does not feel like I am sitting on a ball.  The pain seems to be inside that area and is a strong but dull and throbbing pain.  It is 5pm here and the pain in considerable, I would say about 6 on a 0-10 scale.  I have not taken any pain medicines but today I will take some Advil to help.  
    • Posted

Then it not the prostate.  It's most likely from your back  It a pinched nerve that is in the area.  It when you move around.  Just to relax and have a good evening  Ken

• Posted

Thank you. I will see how things go tomorrow. If the pain continues I will go see a doctor.
  • Posted

So where does it hurt? The area between the scrotum and anus?
    • Posted

Yes, that area but about 2 inches inside the body. It doesnt feel like I am sitting on a ball but there is some pressure inside.
    • Posted

I'm no doctor but thats where my pain is and its from my prostate.  Stay on top of this. If it is prostatitis get it under control before it gets out of control

• Posted

It has been 4 days. Tomorrow is Friday. Do you think I should try to see a doctor tomorrow or wait until Monday? When I left work, my pain was around 7. Im home now laying down and it is about a 4.
    • Posted

Try a "sitz" bath for relief. You can "google" it for details. Feel better.

Jim

• Posted

Thank you, I will have to get one of those. I took some Advil and I have been laying down for 2 hours. The pain has gotten worse in the last half hour or so. I am very uncomfortable. It is a strong but dull type of pain - not sharp. If I am like this tomorrow, I will have to see a doctor.
    • Posted

If it still hurts tomorrow I'd see a doc. I say that knowing what I know now. If I was 25 I'd let it ride because I wouldn't know any better and there was no such thing as the internet back then. We were still chiseling messages in  stone tablets.

• Posted

I will defintely see a doctor tomorrow if I continue to have pain. It is hurting pretty badly right now. I am 40 years old and Ive never in my life had pain in that area.
    • Posted

I would try to see your GP not an urgent care doc. They just patch up up and send you on your way
    • Posted

You don't need to purchase anything. Just fill a bathtub with hot water, just enough to cover the area that is in pain. Soak for 10-20 minutes. 

Jim

• Posted

Are you urinating frequently and drinking water? You may have urine retention due to another issue.

• Posted

I am drinking what is considered normal for me and nothing has changed.  Throughout my life I drink less than an average person.  I know that I need to drink more water and will try to do so.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.