Prostatitis After Oral Sex

Posted , 51 users are following.

Dec 2018 . Had high risk unprotected oral sex. Next day started having pain in my penis particularly the head of my penis. 4-5 days later the pain go to my testicles then prostate. Now, still having issues. i.e Frequent nightly urine, pain in my penis, pain in prostate and legs/thighs, and complete lack of libido/erectile issues. All Stds negative. Any ideas? Should I get semen culture? Everything happened right after this foolish sex mistake. I believe it has to be some type of bacteria or unknown organism. As the issue has caused some irritation on my penis. If anybody else is dealing with similar symptoms or got prostatitis after some type of sex. Please pitch in your own input.

0 likes, 156 replies

156 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

ive had multiple bouts of prostatitis it started as a Uti then morphed into acute prostatitis then bacterial prostatitis ( confirmed by prostate biopsy) then 3 years later came back as non bacterial ( chronic prostatitis or cpps) The only treatment that has worked for me is Diazapam( valium) This drug helps with anxiety and relaxes muscles. Anxiety definately makes the condition worse. Its for everyone but i can tell you it worked for me. Have a Google as im not alone.

best of luck

darren

• Posted

that should have said its "NOT" for everyone

• Posted

from PROSTATE NET

Why Is Valium Prescribed for Prostatitis?

Valium is a benzodiazepine. This is a class of psychoactive drug prescribed as a muscle relaxant and is also used to treat anxiety, insomnia, seizures, and panic attacks. Some doctors use Valium as a part of the treatment for chronic nonbacterial prostatitis and chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS). This condition causes long-term pain and urinary tract symptoms but is not caused by a bacterial infection. In fact, the cause is often elusive and therefore difficult to treat because antibiotics are not effective. Some physicians believe that stress contributes to prostatitis, so they prescribe Valium as a calming agent. The drug also has been found to relax the pelvic muscles, therefore reducing the muscle spasms associated with CPPS and easing the pressure and pain for the patient. Another theory is that prolonged use as a muscle relaxant can replace physical drainage of the prostate.

• Posted

These are the symptoms ive had in order...

1. burning / itchy urethra lasted about 2 weeks
    2. Pain in penis tip 2 weeks
    3. pain in penis shaft 2-3 weeks
    4. Constant urination
    5. Tailbone pain 1 month
    6. left testicle pain 3 weeks
    7. pain in anus 1 week
    8. cloudy urine ( currnt)
    9. weak urine stream (current)
    10. unable to empty bladder
    11. pain in perinium

treatments

2 weeks of cipro

4 weeks of bactrim

3 doses of antifungal antibiotic

10 days of dozy

tamasolin

Nsaids

• Edited

hi guys Im on the same boat, just after oral, pain in the tip of the penis, glans dryness, painful erection and eyaculation, all sti test negative including urine CRP (includes mycoplasma genitalum) , urine cultures after prostate massage (painful) negative. got a 10'day cefadroxil atb course because of a urethral culture positive for staph aureus, and got mild response, prostate antigen negative.

currently mild perineal pain, and urine dribling,

My urologist plans on giving me a 4 w course of the same atb.

My glans is sometimes very dry and sensitive

scaly and red

• Posted

how long have you been dealing with this? I also have dry and scaly(it appears) penile glans(head). but no painful erection just low libido and essentially no erections. what do you think causes the penis head to get like that?

• Posted

Just over 6 months, well my theories started with

1. Herpes: urethral herpes its difficult to diagnose and its recurrent, it allocates in the nerves, but it usually manifest itself with another lesion (ie: vesicular, painful blisters), the urologist and infectologist both don't think its herpes
      2. Some kind of VPH, got a Acetic acid test (negative) which was negative.
      3. Bacterial infection: actually got better with mupirocin, but recurred after a week of stopping the medication

Derm opinion:

4. Atopic dermatitis: I have a plaque in my leg, it is pruritic and dry (Atopic sign). Got a 10 day hydrocortisone course , it helped (but never stopping the problem) at first but it came back.
      5. Seborrheic Dermatitis: not explored yet by the derm, but based on my research, 20% of patients got it only on the glans hard to find actual good representative pictures), I have not applied any anti fungal cream yet
      6. My other theory is that the pee irritates the glans, or the bacterial load irritates the skin because of recurrent contamination because of the pee.

Have you been tested with a post prostate massage urine culture? Also have a normal urine exam post prostate massage looking for leucocites , if there are fewer than 10 its mostly an abacterial prostatitis, if there are more or 10 x field examined it could be a atypical bacteria (15 day course of ATB are given, if good response 4-6w full course are indicated), mouth bacteria do not grow well in the urine cultures (48-72hrs time of growingin in conventional labs) so a longer period can be requested by the doctor, no all labs do it , in fact I have no found any that makes them, I am trying to reach an old friend that is a microbiologist maybe he can help me with that.

• Posted

Antibiotics never helped the symptoms. Ive only had a urine/semen culture with showed nothing but staph.eperdemis.(normal skin flora). My opinion is maybe the prostatitis is causing the issue on the penis glans. I dont believe its herpes as ive tested negative many times with no lesions as well. Idk what will help it, but the antibiotic route might lead to a dead end.

• Posted

Does your symptoms get worse after masturbation? Mine do. I have this theory that my prostatitis is caused by muscular injury of the prostate system (think of the prostate also as a muscle) or is a nerve (neuropathic pain) also worsened by masturbation. Two urologist I saw (one from Stanford and one from Cleveland Clinic) suggested me two weeks of NSAID (the maximum daily dosage on the bottle), so I'm now testing with that combined with no masturbation for as long as I can, clean diet and exercise. Yesterday I had the worst flare up and I think it was caused by masturbation the day before

• Edited

The reason why I think it could be neuropathic pain is because when I sleep the pain doesn't wake me up and when I wake up it grows gradually (like if I needed to be concious and aware of my life stresses (including the condition) to trigger the pain)

• Posted

I think it is also a good possibility, its called chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Pelvic floor exercises might help. Tried them and the did help, also when first started doing them it triggered a lighting pain from my anus to the tip of the penis (neuropathic pain). The thing is that never before had any issue with that and it all started after oral sex.

• Posted

Agree chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome (commonly abbreviated CP/CPPS). Mine also started after receiving oral sex. But one of my theories is that when I had that encounter, I remember I was having trouble to orgasm, and I kind of forced myself to orgasm by doing it for long period non-stop when I was already tired (and probably the muscles of my prostate too), and in that process I strained a muscle or nerve in my prostate system of muscles. I remember that night I woke up like every 10 minutes to pee for like 2 hours. Never had I experience that in my life. Had it been a bacteria, virus or fungus, I don't think my body would have reacted with those symptoms so quick (an hour or so after the event). That's why I think its muscular or nerve (neuropathic) - as opposed to infectious (bacterial, viral, fungal, etc.)

• Posted

I see. As you know my issues started after oral sex. But I didnt force myself to orgasm or the like. The morning after the event, I started experiencing pain on the penis glans. If theres no infection now I do believe an infection triggered this issue. Why do so many get prostatitis after oral sex? Ask yourself that. That wasnt my first time. But for a high risk partner it was.

• Posted

how's everyone doing this days? Any new insights regarding the condition?

• Posted

Still dealing with the issue. Prostate massages have helped tremedously but still having pain/symptoms. i know huckleberry said his symptoms resolved mysteriously. any luck yourself?

• Posted

Still dealing with the issue / symptoms:

• urethral burning / itch (that radiates from around the prostate to the tip of the penis)
      • after I urinate, a few minutes later I feel like urinating again (like if my urethra was allergic to the passing of urine; if I don't urinate for lets say two hours - because I drink less water - my urethral burning and desire to urinate ceases)
      • sometimes like a red rash in the head of the penis
      • symptoms sometimes intensify after eating lunch
      • some days are worse than other and seem to correlate with my stress/anxiety levels

Again, I've been through 3 urologists and 2 PCPs. Prostate size and PSA all perfect/normal. All STDs, urine cultures and urinalysis done several times have been negative. Antibiotics so far: Doxycycline, Azithromycin, Fosfomycin. Diagnosis so far has been chronic non-bacterial prostatitis.

I just started this weekend doing the typical pelvic floor stretches morning and night, adding some yoga at the end. Will see how that goes.

Also, because more recently I've gotten a lot of anxiety/depression because of the condition (which makes the pain worse - and therefore gets me into the pain-anxiety vicious cycle) and also light nausea when I have the flare-ups (which I think is caused by anxiety itself), I'm also seeing a therapist and saw a psychiatrist for the first time.

Was given Amitriptyline (Elavil) 10g daily which I'm about to start, to see if that helps both the pain (in case it's nerve pain / neuropathic) and my anxiety / depression / waking up at night. And Clonazepam for the days that I have a lot of anxiety (but this one - like any Benzo's - is addictive so I plan to use only for emergency)

More and more I think this is caused by anxiety/mental/mind-body-connection but it's REALLY hard to break that anxiety-pain vicious cycle. How can you relax when you are all day in pain...

@cure9393 the prostate massages, are you doing those yourself, or are you going to some PF physical therapy?

• Posted

Thanks Huckleberry for the update. Happy for you and it's great to see cases of people getting relieved from this. What do you think made your symptoms go away? Was it just time? Was it you being more relaxed when you ruled out bacterial cause?

• Posted

my urologist does once a week. my next line of action is pelvis floor therapy

• Posted

i think it was a combination of time and understanding. Also knowing it wasnt a bacteria greatly relieved my stress. Once the stress level went down so did the constant dwelling about it. Eventually my symptoms became lesser ans lesser and when i did have symptoms i disnt freak out about it.

• Posted

im not sure what pain in the prostate would even feel like but here is what i did have.

Pain and tenderness of penile glands

urethral pain

pain in base of penis

left testicular pain

pain in the peranium

rectal pain

tailbone pain

upper pelvic pain

pain in my inner thighs

urination frequency at first like every 10 minutes

later urination stream weak and infrequent

sperm reduced significantly

• Posted

Hi,

I think I have the same thing, in the female version. Just wondering if you freaked out mentally before you saw or experienced the symptoms. Like thinking you shouldn't have done that, what if you got herpes, feeling totally scared and regretful and worried, panicking, etc. BEFORE you saw the symptoms?

Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.