Prostatitis inflammation driving me to despair

Posted , 11 users are following.

Are Naproxen and Ibroprofen any good as anti-inflammatories? Have people had any good experiences with them. What are the best doseages to achieve the maximum effect?

I think I've got a fungally infected prostate - I should be getting results of semen test back any day now - but in the meantime I just need some relief

Been doing the obvious - drinking water; avoiding alcohol, caffeine - still got to have some tea though, spicy food, red meat, dairy etc - my diet seems so restricted now it's ridiculous, maxing out on broccoli

Also done quercetin, saw palmetto and too many other supplements too numerous to name - because I've been dealing with candida and prostatitis

Nightmare

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds like you have a prostate or urinary tract infection. Surprised test results aren't back yet. I have had success with the following: dilute canberry juice with d-mannose powder and high dose vitamin c powder, add a little sweetener. This always works to calm down any minor UTI that I have had. However, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic. Whatever you do do NOT take Cipro. It can damage your nervous system.

• Posted

Thanks I know about "being floxed" - no way I'd take poison like cipro

• Posted

If you have candida aurus in your system it could be life threatening. Seek help immediately and get rid of the herbals and supplements. They are unregulated and do nothing.

• Posted

what are some of your symptoms? also, what candida symptoms are you dealing with that makes you things its fungal?

• Posted

Hot urination, scrotal inflammation, difficult burning bowel movements. I had the same issue 30 years before when I was prescribed heavy doses of erythromycin for a wet feeling groin skin rash. The effect of this was that my anal sphincter just seized up and I needed 2 anal fissure ops; plus I got this terrible scrotal inflammation/pain..

Then July 2017 I took some doxycycline unfortunately(complicated story) - which resulted in fecal impaction and months of movicol/constipation - and then in May 2018 after I rashly drank too much beer this horrible condition started again. I basically put this down to anti-biotics wiping out my good bacteria. I did have an organic acids urine test - Great Plains Lab Kansas - which they found showed fungal overgrowth. However a subsequent stool test months later was negative for yeast. I think the infection has burrowed its way into my prostate

• Posted

I have had chronic prostatitis for 25 years. It has gotten worse over the years and at some point I developed an moderately enlarged prostate on top of it which has probably contributed to making the symptoms worse. My stomach is a mess due to numerous lengthy rounds of antibiotics which only partially resolve the pain and do to nsaid's such as advil over the years. I try to minimize their use these days. Tramadol also helps.

I have been taking many of the same supplements you mention, but recently started a new saw palmetto brand called super saw palmetto by enzymatic therapy and upped the dose to 320mg/day rather than 160mg/day. It has yielded a noticeable improvement.

Another helpful thing is the book by Isa Herrera, Ending Male Pelvic Pain. The theory there is that the pain is due to pelvic floor dysfunction. My guess is that both infection and pelvic muscle dysfunction play a part. Either way the tips in the book have been very helpful, especially the chapter on internal trigger point massage. I do internal massage almost daily using a crystal wand device. It definitely helps, but again not a cure.

• Posted

"super saw palmetto "

thanks - I didn't seem to get much out of the normal version, also thanks for the book ref though I don't believe I suffer from Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

• Posted

As far as pelvic floor dysfunction is concerned one of the many urologists I went to in the past also doesn't believe that pelvic floor dysfunction is the root cause either. However, he feels that prostate inflammation secondary to infection could trigger pain in the surrounding pelvic floor muscles which adds to the overall pain effect. Inflammation in the surrounding muscles could then feed back to the prostate to augment the pain in a vicious cycle. Treating tense pelvic floor muscles that have gone into spasm as a result of the original prostate infection could help break up the cycle and reduce the overall pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.