Prostatitis procedures

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone know anything about microwave treatment of prostate vs. greenlight. An elderly physician that is an urologist said that microwave is a much more humane way of treating prostate enlargement and urinary retention. Anyone out there have the micro treatment. Success or failure.?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Urolift (UL) is in effect an intervention cystoscopy. Once the cystoscope is inserted into the prostate via the urethra, wire-like braces are deployed to pry and hold the two major lobes of the prostate apart. Once the brace is installed, that's it and the installation cystoscope is removed. It can be performed in the physician office. I had this done last April as I could not tolerate Flomax and even with Flomax I was experiencing episodes of complete blockage, unable to pee at all. Less than one week after my UL procedure I was peeing like I did when I was a kid (now 74 years of age).  There are some limitations to the UL that you can find out more on within this forum and discuss with your urologist to determine if UL would benefit you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.