Prostatitis with zero pain, just horrible 24/7 urge to urinate/frequency

Posted , 85 users are following.

Hello All,

I am a healthy 25 year old male with no history of urinary issues.

I am at my wit's end. Last Sunday, I started having terrible urinary frequency. I will literally go to the bathroom, urinate, flush the toilet, and then have to use the restroom again RIGHT AWAY. In other words, I have constant urinary urges 24/7... It has been this way for one week.

I don't have any pain or discomfort in my pelvic area, and there is no burning sensation during urinating. However, I feel as if the urine is at the tip of my penis - that is where the urge sensation is most prevalent. If I hold it for a long time and it accumulates, there is quite a lot of urine. However, most of the time (especially in the middle of the night) hardly anything comes out even though it feels so urgent.

I can't sleep since it feels like I have to urinate constantly... last night I was going every 5 minutes, and most of the time only a few drops came out. I am having anxiety now because of this.

I went to the urologist last Tuesday (2 days in). Urinanalysis showed no UTI and bladder ultrasound was okay. However, during the rectal exam, he said my prostate was "off" and did a test of the urine that came out after the exam. At that point, I was told that I had a prostate infection and that the enlarged/inflamed prostate was causing the frequency. In other words, there was bacteria.

I was given 500 mg of Levaquin to take once a day for 30 days. However, it has not helped after 6 doses. I'm trying Motrin (ibuprofen) to no avail. I was told it takes a while for the antibiotic to reach the prostate. I have no fever, and no chills.

I am terrified that I have the chronic pelvic pain (CPP) form of prostatitis. However, I don't know if I do, since (1) there WERE bacteria present upon running the urine after the rectal exam and (2) I have ZERO PAIN. The only symptom is the 24/7 need to urinate. Any ideas on this? I hope I have the acute prostitiis form since this is cured with more antibiotics, but if I have the lifelong CPP form I don't know what to do... I feel like I will have to quit my job since I can't sleep with the need to urinate.

Please help!

4 likes, 293 replies

293 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hi good to hear im not the only one with this sort of problem. since i was 3 every now and then at the tip of my penis i get the constant urge to pee there is no pain or burning the only thing ive found that helps is holding on for a couple of hours and in that time drink about 3 - 4 liters of water (or beer you know what happens when you open that tap) but after that great relieving p**s it goes away, i have no idea the cause of this even though ive always had it. its really uncomfortable for a couple of hours but it does get rid of it, hope that helps.
  • Posted

45yo Male. I've had the super strong urge to pee right at the tip, feels like i am already peeing sometimes, then go to bathroom and nothing. I have this really bad 18months ago and the uro put me under and i had a cystoscopy? camera and they found nothing. I had every type of scan, uti, sti, test and nothing. Other times i have a feeling like i am already wet and seems like a tiny bit of wee has seeped out?

I am suffering from high pressure/stress/anxiety through work and i spend many hours a day sitting (eg a 3hr round trip commute).

The symptoms certainly related to masturbation and i find its at its worst when i am in meetings or places that are super difficult to get out of and go to bathroom. Its getting VERY stressful.

I tried 750ml of cold pressed pure cranberry a day and some heath store tablets earlier this year and it went away for a few months and now its back sad

I went t a naturapath and they gave me a 'wired but tired' health supplement and put me on green smoothy brekky but i did this at the same time at the cranberry - no idea what worked and what didnt.

Very interested in hearing what people are doing that works - even for a short time.

Is it worth going back to Uro?

• Posted

I think the problem i had is similar to yours. The constant need to urinate 24/7 due to constant pressure at the tip of the penis and possibly sleepless nights. In my case, the pressure was developed in the urethra channel just where the channel meets the glans. 

I went to various doctors, did numerous infection tests but nothing came back positive. It is needless to say, that antibiotics did not work and only destroyed my intestinal flora. My prostate was also okay, and i had no diabetes. ---Doctors stopped helping here. Everything that i did was self treated. I have no medical degree so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Having the other symptoms ruled out, i believe that what i had was either a pinched or inflated nerve or a small kidney stone in the urethra.  The treatment that i did and still undergoing was based on circulation and nutrient nourishing. Here are the steps:

1. Grab towel and soak it in hot water( the hottest you can resist without damaging your skin). Afterwards  coil & wrap  the hot towel around the inflated zone. The idea is to keep the water hot. If you have a jaccuzi more power to you. The Jacuzzi is a fantastic healing device - this is no joke.

My personal results - With 4 hours in this heat procedure, my symptoms improved. I went from having to pee at every living second to urinating at every 1.5 hours.

2. Eat foods to repair, nourish and to fight inflammation. I hate more healthy fats and proteins. Specially:

avocados & pumpkin seeds --- Great sources of magnesium and zinc (pumpkin seeds). These minerals have been linked to greatly fighting inflammation. They are also very good in nourishing nerve tissue.

coconut - Superfood that helps with everything, specially fighting inflammation.

3. Stop ALL sexual activity until treated. Excessive sexual activity can damage nerves and inflate the various penis channels. For more help with this, maybe visit nofap reddit?

4. Vigorous exercise to produce a lot of heat. I did my normal boxing and weight lifting exercises but with a Polar coat and a hot towel wrapped around the penis. The idea is to make the blood flow and relax pinched or damaged nerves.

5. Took a generic and cheap form of flavoxate to help nerves relax. Dosage 200mg.

Currently i believe that i am normal but i will keep doing this treatment for a month. I have been doing this for 6 days and i can now sleep again because the constant need to urinate is controlled. 

I hope that my experienced helped.

• Posted

You still doing ok. Do you think flavoxate worked with you? 
  • Posted

Awesome that this thread exists, Ive been searching all over the web about what I could possibly have. I’m 21 years old and have the same symptoms. This is the most info I have found  after visiting two doctors. Negatives came back on UTI and sti/stds. I am scheduled to see a urologist next week so we will see what he has to say. I have lower back discomfort, urge to pee all the time. Tingling feeling at tip of penis all the time like the urge to pee.  At night it sucks I’m constantly  up. In the morning it burns after I pee but that seems from a lack of water. This stuff has been driving me up the damn wall. It’s so persistent and doesn’t go away. I have basically all the same symptoms. This past year I’ve maintained a great diet rich in nutrients, high protein and I always drink lots of water. I usually drink every weekend but that hasn’t seemed to ever cause any issues. I do masterbate as well and have stopped now since this started. It puzzles me as to what causes this issue I see many people have had and are having. Both doctors really had nothing to say and were puzzled. Asked if there was blood in my urine or really sore upper back from kidneys, and none of wich were present. Wondering if anyone has figured anything else out that helps with relieving this urge and constant little pain. I’m starting to think a lot of it is mental, which is hard to stop thinking about Because I always seem to have to go!!! 
  • Posted

Mate i was like that but i only got it when i sat down and i got desperate so i put moisturising cream on my c**k and it helps a ton so try that
  • Posted

Hi im 25 and male

Imexperiencing of the symptoms here but didnt go to see a doc. Yet.

But im taking medication essentiale forte because i got high sgpt and sgot.

Before i dont have this symptoms but since i take that essentiale forte it appears.

I hate this.

Help.....

• Posted

I have this problem for a few years now and was told it was were the sphincter muscle was loose and it is very common problem and should sort it's self out. I find it easier to sleep if I cross my legs at night. getting to the stage now were it is very difficult to live with will be going back to the doctor soon. glad to see I'm not the only one

• Posted

Did this ever get sorted out for you? Ive had long term constipation due to a poor diet as well as a side effect to a couple of my meds. My newest symptom is exactly what everyone else is saying here. A constant feeling to need to pee in the tip of my penis. I have completely changed my diet, dropped all caffeine, and drink a lot of water now. But its still the same. So I am wondering if all that pushing and straining due to the constipation somehow caused what you had said "loose sphincter muscle". And now affecting my urination. Thanks for your reply and/ or help. 

• Posted

Unfortunately it's tough to say. So many cases of urinary issues display this exact symptoms, from UTI, urethritis, prostatitis, strained pelvic floor muscles, interstitial cystitis, cystitis, loose pelvic floor, lower spinal injury, etc... they can all produce these symptoms. Usually they produce a few more so you can narrow it down or at least there's a way to detect the cause, but not always. So what works for him, make not work for you. You suggest you strain a lot during movements, what's your daily routine like? A lot of sitting? Do you have any aches or pains in the pelvis or genitals? Any blood in the urine, semen, pain with urination, ejac? I would start with the basics of it being a possible UTI, then get your prostate checked, but if you're a young guy under 40, this is very rarely an issue... still worth having it checked. Next stage would be to analyze lifestyle, and if you sit for extended periods, you need to incorporation more activity in the lower body, power walking, or just walking long distances in general. You also need to focus on relaxing and de-stressing your hips and pelvis. Do you find any particular changes in your symptoms? If you adjust your posture or stand up, do the symptoms persist or decline/go away?  

• Posted

Sorry I should have mentioned I am 43. And yes I do sit a lot. I think I might know what it is after reading more comments. LUTS from sitting too much. I have been sitting way more that I should. Funny you mentioned it I just started power walking last night. Im 5'11" and weighed about 230 a little more than a year ago. I got fed up with that and over a year of eating better and exercising I am down to 178 currently. But after another bout of serious depression I lost all desire to get out and exercise. So I sat way to much. Im going to get active again and cut way back on sitting. I also just completely changed my diet, dropped all caffeine, and only drink lots of water. I am hoping all this will resolve this issue. As of now I have no been to a doctor for this. Might now have a choice if it continues. Thanks for the reply.

• Posted

I am another unlucky guy with these symptoms. I have had my prostate and urine checked by both my primary care and urologist,  as well as an ultrasound for my bladder, all check out normal.  My symptoms are the same, sensation at the tip and constant urge, I can sit on the toilet for 15 minutes and continually squeeze a few extra drops out. It sometime feels like I am peeing a bit in my pants, but no wetness, it is just a sensation. I also experience that I don’t shake that well, and the urine just doesn’t drop off my tip as if it were thicker. My urologist suggested a low oxalate diet to prevent stones and also prescribed a drug that relaxes my prostate, but side effects are no ejaculation and it makes me dizzy. The next step is a camera down the penis, from the sounds of everyone else, that hasn’t seemed to help. I reached out to my primary care and he is going to reach out to the urologist and develop a plan. I will be watching this thread and will update if mine is solved. BTW, I am 45 and have been dealing with this for a little over two months. 

• Posted

I'm 47 and have been dealing with this for about 2 months now.  I have the mild burning sensation at the tip and the constant urge to pee, very frustrating.  I had one appt with the urologist and my blood and urine samples were clean.  I've been on Cipro for almost a month and my follow up is 12/27.  I'm eager to do more tests just to rule things out.  I'm going to ask about a semen culture and DNA sequencing test.  I'm told that even if ur blood and urine are clean, there can be bacteria that shows up in these other tests....I will run that past my urologist.  I generally eat pretty well and exercise so I'm trying to continue that but I'm being careful due to the Cipro.  I'm also attacking this like it may be a pelvic floor issue as others have mentioned.  I'm seeing a chiropractor this week and also trying acupuncture to hit the pressure points.  I'll update my progress or new findings as I can.  Good luck everyone

• Posted

Update:   My chiropractor appt was canceled so I had to reschedule that for later this week.  I have a few more days of Cipro left and my follow up urologist appt is 12/27.  I've improved my diet, i'm doing stretches for my pelvic floor daily, and trying to avoid gluten and caffeine.  Right now, I feel good.  I've had about 3 days of good, but Sunday i started to have that frequent urination feeling and slight burning in the tip.  Luckily it just lasted most of Sunday but felt better Monday.  Knocking on wood, but my symptoms seem to be improving over the course of the month +.  When I do get the flare up it's about a 1/4 of the pain i had the first 2-3 weeks.  The most frustrating part of this whole thing for me is not knowing the cause so I'm trying to attack it from all angles.  I hope to rule more things out next Uro visit.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.