Prostititis never ends

Posted , 11 users are following.

I had prostatitis last year and it was dreadful. I had every symptom there was . It lasted ages and had all sorts of tests including camera down penis twice. All came back clear but they said I had prostititis but antibiotics didn't help much. Eventually it went and now this year it's back . Burning urine on and off . Terrible pubic area pain . Lower back and hip pain and testicular and groin too . Is it normal to come back like this

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Unfortunately there is nothing normal about prostatitis. It can come and go. I have been dealing with it for 25  years on and off. My belief is the best thing to do is be aware of the triggers. Stress free, hydrated and alcohol free.
    • Posted

Wow 25 years . How often in that time have you been getting it
  • Posted

Yep ! 
    • Posted

Virtually identical Ray , I was diagnosed 2.5 years ago and it disappeared , then came back with a vengeance with symptoms as you describe  a few months back . The symptoms seem to change all the time. 
    • Posted

Thanks for reply . It's driving me mad . Totally interferes with everyday life. And now being on oflaxilin is making it worse with abdomen side effects

• Posted

I agree totally ,I find myself in a constant state of discomfort and anxiety. Few people have heard of it despite the fact that it is relatively common . However, despite the horrible symptoms I think it’s important to remember that it’s not life threatening. 

• Posted

I agree and thanks for your reply . What medication have you been put on
    • Posted

Hi Ray

I’m on Alpha blockers for help with urination and take off the shelf pain meds . That’s it . 

• Posted

OK thanks . I need to get alpha blockers . Do you experience pain every single day as mine seems to be in the pubic area back and groin every single day
    • Posted

Mine started off as a pain in the anus , like a marble had been wedged up there plus lower abdominal pain . It then turned to pain in lower back and flanks and then pain in public area and perineum and groin with urinal issues.It changes in intensity but is there pretty much all the time . 
    • Posted

Hi I feel for you . Very similar to mine . The pain in lower back and pubic and abdominal have been intense lately . Even in hips . But your right it does change . How long have you had yours and do u take anything for it
  • Posted

Had all your problems. Did you read my post. Pelvic floor dsyfunction
    • Posted

I have not read it as I don't think I saw it

• Posted

I was able to get rid of mine by taking a mind-body/TMS approach. I'd previously tried everything with no lasting relief. I have no triggers, other than thinking about my pain and worrying it will return. But even then, I can calm myself down, shift my attention, and the pain subsides in time.

• Posted

What exactly was your approach as this is making my life miserable
    • Posted

In short, my fear of the pain was what was keeping it going and ramping it up. To overcome it (and this is a very short summary and it's a bit more complicated than that), I had to relax out of it and let go of the fear. My pain was like a Chinese finger trip. The more I struggled, the more its grip on me increased. It's hard to do, because pain hurts! But I was able to practice that with time. There's a lot of other techniques as well, and they've kept me pain free for over a year now and I consider myself cured. It saved my life.

I was extremely skeptical of the approach at the beginning, but it's actually well based in neurology (think of people with types of learned psychogenic pain, like phantom limb pain). A lot of us with prostatitis/CPPS have found durable relief from our pain with this approach.

I followed the Pain Recovery Program over on TMSwiki, so that'd be a good place to start if you're interested in this particular approach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.